Upgrade from 4.3.6 to Current Ain't Happening

Go to solution Solved by jackflash,

Ran the PHP and this is what it returned - looks good:

2012897966_ScreenShot2022-03-08at3_23_12PM.png.82d2f1f378671dbde709c1bf3e4f0640.png

Got to here and then the screen goes white

39858167_ScreenShot2022-03-08at3_22_07PM.thumb.png.48007749f3518fa6be759f140e41c30f.png

Tried to start the upgrade again and this screen appears:

2030079975_ScreenShot2022-03-08at3_21_43PM.thumb.png.7d85a03b254286212d746ac7710a9cf5.png

After I continue the "Continue Upgrade," screen goes white again.

Not sure what's happening or why?

Error Log:

08-Mar-2022 20:00:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\core\_Stream::roots($permissionCheck = 'view', $member = null, $where = []) must be compatible with IPS\Node\_Model::roots($permissionCheck = 'view', $member = null, $where = [], $limit = null) in /XX.com/applications/core/sources/Stream/Stream.php on line 95
[08-Mar-2022 20:00:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\core\_Stream::roots($permissionCheck = 'view', $member = null, $where = []) must be compatible with IPS\Node\_Model::roots($permissionCheck = 'view', $member = null, $where = [], $limit = null) in /XX.com/applications/core/sources/Stream/Stream.php on line 95

I re uploaded the Stream.php file, but the upgrade still hangs up and fails.

Edited by jackflash

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

13 minutes ago, Jim M said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Information added.

27 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, I am hitting an Internal Server Error before the system is even starting here. Could you please check your server error logs entries for just a few moments ago? 

Do you need access to Cpanel?  I can't see anything in reference to the specific site in question.

Edited by jackflash

7 minutes ago, jackflash said:

I found the error log. How do I get it to you?

You can post it here and strip any private info as you did earlier or message the entry to me. Please do not post/message the whole log, only the corresponding entry. 

12 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You can post it here and strip any private info as you did earlier or message the entry to me. Please do not post/message the whole log, only the corresponding entry. 

[autoindex:error] [pid 408425:tid 22420960093952] [client 34.86.35.7:0] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home3/qyyqkgmy/public_html/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html.var,index.htm,index.html,index.shtml,index.xhtml,index.wml,index.perl,index.pl,index.plx,index.ppl,index.cgi,index.jsp,index.js,index.jp,index.php4,index.php3,index.php,index.phtml,default.htm,default.html,home.htm,index.php5,Default.html,Default.htm,home.html) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

56 minutes ago, jackflash said:

[autoindex:error] [pid 408425:tid 22420960093952] [client 34.86.35.7:0] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home3/qyyqkgmy/public_html/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html.var,index.htm,index.html,index.shtml,index.xhtml,index.wml,index.perl,index.pl,index.plx,index.ppl,index.cgi,index.jsp,index.js,index.jp,index.php4,index.php3,index.php,index.phtml,default.htm,default.html,home.htm,index.php5,Default.html,Default.htm,home.html) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

Unfortunately, not the error in question. That is stating you’re missing an index file but is not related to the issue as that not the right directory. 

15 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, not the error in question. That is stating you’re missing an index file but is not related to the issue as that not the right directory. 

ONCE AGAIN, WHERE CAN I SEND YOU THE LOG or access to the C-Panel????????????

If I knew the technical details on how to fix this, I would.  This discussion in a public forum is just dragging out.

@Marc Stridgencan you PLEASE help!

12 minutes ago, jackflash said:

ONCE AGAIN, WHERE CAN I SEND YOU THE LOG or access to the C-Panel????????????

If I knew the technical details on how to fix this, I would.  This discussion in a public forum is just dragging out.

Please contact your hosting provider if you are unsure where to find the proper logging. Unfortunately, we would not be able to provide support for your server through cPanel. As a self hosted client it would be up to you or your hosting provider to procure the proper logging so that we can provide proper support to our software as currently the server is preventing further progress or logging so we need to know why that is. If it is a software issue, we can investigate further but if it is a server error you or your hosting provider would need to resolve.

If there are multiple log entries related, you’re welcome to pass them in a message to save time. 

• Solution

Solved !

FYI for anyone, which has runs into this issue.  The host couldn't find any errors in the log for this. 

I sent her to this topic and she noticed the first screenshot, which shows PHP 8.0.16.  She expressed that running PHP 8.x was causing the error, so we downgraded it back to 7.x and this solved every issue.

Glad to hear you found a solution to the problem there. I can see why this may well be the case. Its very likely you hit something in earlier upgrade steps which isnt supported by 8.0 as the upgrade was from what is now quite an older version of the platform. Its always safer to upgrade as the software is released if you can