Forums Not Working

Hi guys,

My email is ******************** and I'm running your software. Recently we had a company remove some Malware that *I think* may have impacted the SSO because when I click on forums it now takes you to a login page.

Any ideas or help for how we can get this fixed?

Thank you!

and if possible can you cc my other email ***************** that would be great!

I have removed the emails as this is a public forum. You would need to speak to the author of your SSO solution there if you have a specific issue with that item. However you would indeed be shown the login form if guests are not allowed to access the site. At present guests have the "can use site" selector switched off. That would need to be switched on if guests are supposed to be able to see the content on your site

Hey @Marc Stridgenthanks for removing my email, wasn't sure if this was public or private. So everything was working perfectly a month ago. Then we had some Malware and used a service called Sucuri and they did a great job. But right after, any time a logged in member (we use Wordpress/Memberpress) would click the "Forums" link from our Dashboard page, it would take them to a login page instead of to our Invision Community. The hosting people and Sucuri people both say it's somebody else.

My first thought was the SSO plugin somehow got messed with, although the API key is correct on the php file. I'm able to login to the Admin Control Panel. Is there anything you can think of that I can do? Do you happen to have a link to the SSO people? Thanks so much!

Hey @Marc Stridgenthanks for that. Yes I am using that plugin. I did what you said and disabled it and it worked. I did have to login again (which makes sense in that it was disabled).  So the issue appears to be with this plugin (which is what I suspected). With that said I saw the reference to the PDF but no link to it. Hmm.  Any ideas you might have from  here?  Thanks! :)

If you download it again from the market place you'll get the pdf - 2019 its was version 1.2.2 changed to 1.2.3 so hasn't been updated for near 3 years

And is the plugin you have outdated if its 3 years old ? hence download and check etc

I cant see anything other than compatible with 4.4 so you may want to check it works on your version of IPS (presume 4.6.x ?)

Failing all that - Ask the developer Stoo2000 in the reviews section or here......

11 hours ago, Muddy Boots said:

If you download it again from the market place you'll get the pdf - 2019 its was version 1.2.2 changed to 1.2.3 so hasn't been updated for near 3 years

And is the plugin you have outdated if its 3 years old ? hence download and check etc

I cant see anything other than compatible with 4.4 so you may want to check it works on your version of IPS (presume 4.6.x ?)

It's still working and fully supported with the latest version of Invision Community. It jsut doesn't yet abide by the data storage sections of the Marketplace Guidelines so I haven't been able to update the compatibility version yet. That's where things get a bit tricky because there's a fair amount of data that needs to be moved during an upgrade without affecting the SSO functionality. An updated version is progressing well though (essentially a complete rewrite) and I should start beta testing it soon.

Justin has been in touch with me and I haven't yet got a complete picture of what the issue is, but hopefully I should be able to get access soon and look further into it.

On 2/20/2022 at 10:35 AM, stoo2000 said:

Justin has been in touch with me and I haven't yet got a complete picture of what the issue is, but hopefully I should be able to get access soon and look further into it.

Hey @stoo2000thanks for your help thus far. I wrote a reply over on the other forum along with a PM with login details. I hope you're able to take a look. Thank you! :smile: