Is it possible to install older version of IPS than latest?

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello,

I ask because I remember from past I experienced such problem. Since a month we prepare our forums to be moved to IPS4, we prepared all for 4.6.9 but meanwhile you released 4.6.10 which breaks few things for us. No time now to adjust to latest version. Will we be able to install 4.6.9 still?

• Solution

You can most certainly install 4.6.9 if you have the files downloaded and an active license. I'm afraid, we are unable to offer any files other than the most recent release due to the most recent is the most securable and stable version of the product.

Just to note here. In addition to that mentioned by my colleague above, while you can upgrade to an older version, we would not recommend it. Our recommendation would be to test with the 4.6.10 release, and address those issues. This is because if you do the live upgrade and do it to 4.6.9, and Something goes wrong, our advice would only be to revert and use the latest release. We wouldnt assist with issues you have in upgrading to an older release

@Marc Stridgen, lets find a little bit of common sense here. Until release of 4.6.10 people were running 4.6.9 and it did not cause any serious security issue to them. I understand newer is potentially better but not at any price.

You must start thinking of us, admins, who maintain your products in own environment and that your products may be customized and/or adjusted to work with our external software. Depending how large the custom integration is, it may require time to adjust and we (admins) can't be hardly dependent from your release schedule.

Of course, we will consider upgrade to latest version but since new one does not bring any critical fix, it is not a must be now. Further delays of upgrading our entire systems would cause more harm than benefits coming from latest version (1 maintenance version only).

To make you clear about what I describe here:
1. Upgrade to version we adjusted our systems to
2. After all is normalized, work on adjusting to newer version

Otherwise, it would be a game of cat and mouse, something like "will I manage to do all the stuff before IPS release new version?"

Hope you got the point. Anyway, thanks for your prompt replies.

Edited by PatrickRQ