Commerce product groups for specific groups?

LiquidFractal

Hello,

I was wondering if you had any plans to enable the creation of Commerce Product Groups which are only visible to/accessible by certain member groups?  I see some organisational benefits to this, as in my specific case (and I presume others) it would save having to tweak individual products if you only want them visible to certain groups.  It might also be a good promotional strategy to show people what they can't have unless and until they upgrade their membership etc.?

Thanks!

Edited by LiquidFractal

• 1 month later...

Yeah we currently use a template hack where we duplicate a bunch of elements (category sidebar, product groups on the index, possibly others) and specify which member groups can see what.  Its messy, and would be amazing if product groups could have permissions of their own.

For our use case, we would use the group permissions to show resellers/vendors special packages only they can access, while simultaneously hiding the public-facing packages from them.   The opposite would be true for guests and regular customers.

On 1/27/2022 at 9:03 PM, LiquidFractal said:

Hello,

I was wondering if you had any plans to enable the creation of Commerce Product Groups which are only visible to/accessible by certain member groups?  I see some organisational benefits to this, as in my specific case (and I presume others) it would save having to tweak individual products if you only want them visible to certain groups.  It might also be a good promotional strategy to show people what they can't have unless and until they upgrade their membership etc.?

Thanks!

It would also help me save a lot of time and showing members and certain user groups what they can't have unless they opt for certain plans