dsds - does anyone know what causes this?

Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

2 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Have you tried using the build in template search to search for "dsds" ?

Hmm, no, let me see what I find.

5 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Somebody probably edited your post container template.

Have you tried using the build in template search to search for "dsds" ?

There it is! Second line... So just delete it?

<div id='comment-{$comment->$idField}_wrap' data-controller='core.front.core.comment' data-commentApp='{$app}' data-commentType='{$type}' data-commentID="{$comment->$idField}" data-quoteData='{expression="json_encode( array('userid' => $comment->author()->member_id, 'username' => $comment->author()->name, 'timestamp' => $comment->mapped('date'), 'contentapp' => $app, 'contenttype' => $type, 'contentclass' => $class, 'contentid' => $item->id, 'contentcommentid' => $comment->$idField) )"}' class='ipsComment_content ipsType_medium'>
	dsds
	{{if $comment->author()->hasHighlightedReplies() || ( settings.reputation_enabled and \IPS\IPS::classUsesTrait( $comment, 'IPS\Content\Reactable' ) and settings.reputation_highlight and $comment->reactionCount() >= settings.reputation_highlight ) OR $comment->isFeatured()}}
		<div class='ipsResponsive_showPhone ipsComment_badges'>
			<ul class='ipsList_reset ipsFlex ipsFlex-fw:wrap ipsGap:2 ipsGap_row:1'>
				{{if $comment->author()->hasHighlightedReplies()}}
					<li><strong class='ipsBadge ipsBadge_large ipsBadge_highlightedGroup'>{expression="\IPS\Member\Group::load( $comment->author()->member_group_id )->name" raw="true"}</strong></li>
				{{endif}}
				{{if $comment->isFeatured()}}
					<li><strong class='ipsBadge ipsBadge_large ipsBadge_popular'>{lang="this_is_a_featured_post"}</strong></li>
				{{endif}}
				{{if ( settings.reputation_enabled and \IPS\IPS::classUsesTrait( $comment, 'IPS\Content\Reactable' ) and settings.reputation_highlight and $comment->reactionCount() >= settings.reputation_highlight ) }}
					<li><strong class='ipsBadge ipsBadge_large ipsBadge_popular'>{lang="this_is_a_popular_comment"}</strong></li>
				{{endif}}
			</ul>
		</div>

holy moly, are you kidding me? It was that simple??? When I tried to get help from support, they were just scolding me for having plugins and telling me to turn them off and I just gave up. This was super easy fix. Thank you!!

1 minute ago, Daniel F said:

Yea, just remove the 

dsds

code:) 

Now I wonder if this one is just as easy a fix... this is another persistent issue: the bracket after every inserted emoji, but ONLY on the mobile site. I have not been able to figure this out.

CarrotHeart.thumb.jpg.dcdef3d2aa8a6b75a88e9f01c7fc1378.jpg

It seems like you have extra code added to parts of your site.  It might be worth considering reinstalling your theme.  If there are those cases that you're noticing, there is most likely a bunch more floating out there still to be discovered.  Rather than playing whack-a-mole with this, just reinstall your theme.  

Glad you were able to find the issue here. Likely the heart and extra code bit is the same thing. With modified themes and third party plugins or applications, things like this can happen. Why we suggest disabling these items to see if this is a core issue or something in one of those items. Then you have an idea where the issue exists. We never will scold you and we apologize if it seems like that 🙂, just want to make sure you understand the risks of running customizations and of course, where our support ends with customizations 😉.