Swap apps in licence

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

7 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

I’ve been told previously that this was not possible. 

I'd be interested to know the reasoning behind such a refusal - there is no loss involved on either side and a wasted licence is a wasted licence.

4 minutes ago, Davyc said:

I'd be interested to know the reasoning behind such a refusal - there is no loss involved on either side and a wasted licence is a wasted licence.

I don’t know and would not venture to guess and speak on their behalf. I would suggest making a request to the contact us page to the accounts team to make your case. That would give you an official answer. 

https://invisioncommunity.com/contact-us/

Edited by Randy Calvert

10 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I would indeed suggestion contacting us as mentioned above, as it would depend on the circumstances there really. Please ensure you let us know in the message specifically what you are looking to move from where.

Thanks @Marc Stridgen

Have used the contact form to send in my request for a change of applications - here's hoping that it's doable 🙂

On 1/19/2022 at 10:00 AM, Randy Calvert said:

I’ve been told previously that this was not possible. 

On 1/19/2022 at 11:02 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

I would indeed suggestion contacting us as mentioned above, as it would depend on the circumstances there really. Please ensure you let us know in the message specifically what you are looking to move from where.

Why on earth would you ask me to waste my time filling out a form to email to you when the answer was:

Hello,

We do not allow the swapping out of applications at the present time, unfortunately.

How would you rate my reply?
Great    Okay    Not Good

--
Marc Stridgen
accounts@invisionpower.com

You could have simply said that here - beyond belief.

Useless Old Timey Baseball GIF by Team Coco

12 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There are circumstances where items have just been purchased and never been added for example, that we would address in the course of looking through your account in account services. I had taken the time to take a look into that, rather than just saying no.

Plausible answer except for one omission - you already have access to my account detail so you would know that this was not a new purchase and could have answered here.  I still have no idea why this is not feasible.  I am not asking for something for nothing, simply asking that one app be removed from the licence and replaced with another app of equal value.  There is no loss to ISP and no additional expense to me and I would then have a licence that I could use for an upcoming project as opposed to it sitting there being useless.  I already have another licence that I am using so you have my custom, but certainly not my admiration as far as customer service goes.

I know I can be quite vocal at times, but only when necessary.  I kept my business alive and working through some truly difficult times, until I retired, by valuing my clients and not charging them for trivial changes that they requested; that was something they appreciated and from that small provision I gained new clients as opposed to losing them.  I'm pretty sure that IPS has gone through some tough times, maybe even now, but you certainly don't win any awards in my books for refusing to administer a small request to a long serving client, and especially when a client needs to jump through hoops to get an answer that is already set in stone. Truly a sad state of affairs and one which has, once again, lead me to being disappointed in IPS; I even waste $20 renewing the licence to make sure it was active in anticipation of your support.