Change the group manually vs subscription plan

Lindor

Hello, I have paid a monthly subscription plan and change the group when any user buy this subscription plan. I've Subscribed and Unsuscribed Groups.

I've an important doubts after that I'm having some issues that are in study by mail. What happend if I change manually the group before or after that subscribes any user. Do IPS will reset the group in expiration date? Do IPS will send the renewal invoice and charge?

1. Manually change from Unsuscribed to Subscribed Group, and then user buy the monthly subscription plan
  2. User buy the monthly subcription and then I change manually from Subscribed to Unsubscribed group

Thanks for your help and clarification.

30 minutes ago, Optimvs said:

Hello, I have paid a monthly subscription plan and change the group when any user buy this subscription plan. I've Subscribed and Unsuscribed Groups.

I've an important doubts after that I'm having some issues that are in study by mail. What happend if I change manually the group before or after that subscribes any user. Do IPS will reset the group in expiration date? Do IPS will send the renewal invoice and charge?

1. Manually change from Unsuscribed to Subscribed Group, and then user buy the monthly subscription plan
  2. User buy the monthly subcription and then I change manually from Subscribed to Unsubscribed group

Thanks for your help and clarification.

If you have the following setting enabled (reset groups when purchase expires or is cancelled), the user will return to the group they were in once their subscription expires or is cancelled.

Ideally, you would never manually change a user's group to your "subscribed" group without working through an invoice/purchase. To do this, even for a user you don't want to charge, you would create an invoice, zero it out through a misc. charge and set the purchase's expiration for the user to when you want it to expire so that it follows the same flow. The same is true, you should never manually move the user's group from your "Subscribed" group to the "Unsubscribe" group. You should always cancel/expire the purchase.

image.png

Hope that makes sense. Thus, it will always flow in the correct manner and you never have to worry about things getting out of sync in regards to groups.

Thanks @Jim M for your quickly answer I had activated this setting for all plans. But I've some issues in this subscriptions because some users has had an upgrade subscription plan, change from monthly to annualy plan and when monthly plan expires automatically reset the group. So I need to change manually the groups by recomendation from developer team member.

I cant create a new invoice because the user have an annual plan paid. So only have a permisions problem. But I need to know what will happend at annual plan expiration to stay alert for this users. Really it is a mess.

5 minutes ago, Optimvs said:

Thanks @Jim M for your quickly answer I had activated this setting for all plans. But I've some issues in this subscriptions because some users has had an upgrade subscription plan, change from monthly to annualy plan and when monthly plan expires automatically reset the group. So I need to change manually the groups by recomendation from developer team member.

I cant create a new invoice because the user have an annual plan paid. So only have a permisions problem. But I need to know what will happend at annual plan expiration to stay alert for this users. Really it is a mess.

Looking at the ticket, you have asked some follow up questions there, I will let our developers provide you with a solution to this particularly unique problem in the ticket as you had a previous bug resolved as part of this process so I do not provide further confusion.

Hi @Jim M and @Marc Stridgen, I havent response from Stuart for many days.

I need to solve this situation with 2 clients.

1. id=2283: He has suscribed and payed Annual Plan. But now not appears as active in the list of Annual Plan clients. How can add it to this list?
  2. id=1142: He has active Annual Plan but not charged your purchase. How can I charge this invoice?

Thanks for your help!

6 minutes ago, Optimvs said:

Hi @Jim M and @Marc Stridgen, I havent response from Stuart for many days.

I need to solve this situation with 2 clients.

1. id=2283: He has suscribed and payed Annual Plan. But now not appears as active in the list of Annual Plan clients. How can add it to this list?
  2. id=1142: He has active Annual Plan but not charged your purchase. How can I charge this invoice?

Thanks for your help!

Sorry for the delay replying, I'm still actively researching the issue and will provide an update in the ticket in a few minutes.