(NE) Display my badges

This application will allow your users to display up to a configured number of their badges on the 'author pane' in a forum topic.

Admin settings include:

• Number of badges that are allowed to be displayed
  • Size at which the badge should be displayed (separate settings for Desktop and Phone)
  • Option to display a tooltip on the badge
  • Option to remove the 'Rare' tag from the badge

Screenshot_1.png.c4267b4ad349e0e447e690867795c41a.png

Edited by Nathan Explosion

v1.0.3 is currently pending approval

• FIXES
    • None
  • CHANGES
    • Switching of hard-coded language items to language strings
    • Changed title of "View badges" dialog box to indicate user's name as opposed to "My badges"
  • NEW
    • Added "Show recent badges (if none chosen)?" setting to allow display of badges for those who have not yet made a choice.
      • Option to override user's choice is provided in event that user chooses not to display any badges.
    • Added ability to switch the "View badges" dialog box to a custom template, which exposes the following controls:
      • Ability to show/hide a badge's description, if one exists.
      • Ability to show/hide a badge's earned information.
      • Ability to show/hide the 'Rare' tag on the badge.
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

@RZaK - this is the support topic for the application.

I will add a language string for 'View Badges' in the next update I do, whenever that is. If you wish, you can manually change the hard-coded string by editing the app's front -> postbit -> myBadges template in your theme.

Thank you, i will wait for the next update !
P.S
This is a great plugin with great potential.
as a suggestion I can offer the following...
1. option to hide view badges (users have access to this menu anyway )
2. the ability to change the view badges text and set it above the icons instead of below them.

Thank you for u work !

Conclude what you want - do you want me to refund your purchase of the application, seeing as you don't like my decision? More than happy to do so.

Ignore that - decision made for you. I would prefer if you uninstalled the resource, but I have  no control over that so you can do whatever you want with that aspect.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 1 month later...

v1.1.0 is pending approval

• NEW
    • Achievements rule added
      • When member updates account settings and chooses badges to be displayed
      • Filters provided to target users via primary and/or secondary group, if desired.
    • Webhook added
      • Fired when member updates account settings
      • Payload includes:
        • action (either badges_chosen or no_badges_chosen)
        • badges (array of chosen badges, or empty if none chosen)
        • member (\IPS\Member)
  • FIXES
    • None
  • CHANGES
    • None
  • 5 months later...

Two quick questions. I just installed this and set it to have 4 badges displayed, however, there's a tiny bit of space in between each image. Is there a way to make them sit right against each other? And secondly, is there a way to hide the "View Badges" text under the badges in the user info panel/postbit? I don't use the badges the way a lot of other forums do so it's not something that's necessary for my site. 

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, jinnie said:

there's a tiny bit of space in between each image. Is there a way to make them sit right against each other?

In your theme, add this to your custom.css and experiment with the minus figure to your liking:

div.neappMyBadges_wrapper > span.ipsPos_relative{
  margin-right:-1px;
}

37 minutes ago, jinnie said:

And secondly, is there a way to hide the "View Badges" text under the badges in the user info panel/postbit?

In your theme, edit the following templates: neappmybadges -> front -> postbit -> myBadges and neappmybadges -> front -> postbit -> noBadgesChosen, and remove the following:

<a href="{url="app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id={$member->member_id}&do=badges" seoTemplate="profile_badges" seoTitle="$member->members_seo_name"}" data-action="badgeLog" title="{lang="members_badges" sprintf="$member->name"}" class="ipsType_blendLinks" data-ipsDialog="" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="members_badges" sprintf="$member->name"}" data-ipsDialog-size="{$dialogSize}" data-ipsDialog-forceReload="true" data-ipstooltip>{lang='neapp_mybadges_view_badges'}</a>

To do the same on mobile, edit the following templates: neappmybadges -> front -> postbit -> myBadgesPhone and neappmybadges -> front -> postbit -> noBadgesPhone, and remove the following lines:

<a href="{url="app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id={$member->member_id}&do=badges" seoTemplate="profile_badges" seoTitle="$member->members_seo_name"}" data-action="badgeLog" title="{lang="members_badges" sprintf="$member->name"}" class="ipsType_blendLinks" data-ipsDialog="" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="members_badges" sprintf="$member->name"}" data-ipsDialog-size="medium" data-ipsDialog-forceReload="true" data-ipstooltip>

and

</a>