Getting an error "Database problems"

Meap
Go to solution Solved by Meap,

image.png.d73b8eab48cc7b7ecd21512e6805b8e3.png
I have this error. It tells me I need to manually run a query to fix it.

image.thumb.png.7c64b93ad0550b8e48435e002e26dc12.png

I always make backups before I do such a thing and I am glad I did. It worked fine at first but after 30 minutes my website would just shut down and not load up. You would try to visit it in your web browser but you just could not reach it. It does this too if I try the automatic fix button. I paid to expand the time of my license however because of this issue I am stuck on an older version because if I upgrade it breaks. Can anyone please help me?

Edited by Arne Postma

On 11/1/2021 at 10:12 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

We need to address what is happening when you upgrade first of all, as that is the first thing that needs to happen before we look at any further issues. Could you provide me with more information on that?

I cannot upgrade before I fix the database issue. But I can tell you what happens when I run the upgrade after doing the database fixes.
Basically what happens is: I manually run the queries it tells me to run. I click check again and it let's me continue to the upgrade. I click upgrade and it upgrades, tells me it requires me to unzip the update file myself (which it has always done for me for some reason but it has always worked flawlessly) after I unzip it and upgrade it upgrades just fine, then the forums work for about 10-30 minutes and then the website just stops working. Nothing will load anymore, you can't even go to the website in your browser so I really am unsure what would cause it since I can't even reach the admin panel.

1 hour ago, Arne Postma said:

I cannot upgrade before I fix the database issue. But I can tell you what happens when I run the upgrade after doing the database fixes.
Basically what happens is: I manually run the queries it tells me to run. I click check again and it let's me continue to the upgrade. I click upgrade and it upgrades, tells me it requires me to unzip the update file myself (which it has always done for me for some reason but it has always worked flawlessly) after I unzip it and upgrade it upgrades just fine, then the forums work for about 10-30 minutes and then the website just stops working. Nothing will load anymore, you can't even go to the website in your browser so I really am unsure what would cause it since I can't even reach the admin panel.

Indeed. If your forum will not load then it looks more like a server issue as mentioned above.

What version are you upgrading from btw?

On 11/2/2021 at 11:27 AM, Miss_B said:

Indeed. If your forum will not load then it looks more like a server issue as mentioned above.

What version are you upgrading from btw?

4.6.6 to 4.6.7 (now 4.6.8 as that just came out)

4 minutes ago, Arne Postma said:

4.6.6 to 4.6.7 (now 4.6.8 as that just came out)

With a minor upgrade such as this, we would not expect something like this to bring down the server or have great server changes (like going version 3 to version 4) so getting more information by seeing the errors happening with this in place would be key.

• Solution

I attempted to upgrade again just now. Ran the query. Waited an hour and nothing went wrong. Then upgraded from 4.6.6 straight to 4.6.8 and it seems to have gone right this time. Website hasn't taken it's own life so far.

I will let you know if it does happen again this time though. As it's happened two times before.

Thanks for all the replies 🙂