Load old (really old) backup into new server

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get online an old board, I have the database and files, my license is active and pointing to the right address, but when I try to access it, it shows an unformatted site and I can't login or do anything.

I tried to install the same version from scratch, says everything is compatible, installs OK but it shows the same problem, and if I install the latest version it works ok, but of course my content is not there.

the version of my old backup is ips_9719f

My backup was setup in spanish, so when I load it, I get the unformatted webiste in spanish, and if I install from scratch, the same page but in english.

ipboard.jpg

ipboard2.jpg

12 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

There’s an error there (EX2). Go to uploads/logs folder and see the if there’s a log error file there.

Thank you, latest file shows this:

<?php exit; ?>

Thu, 15 Jul 2021 01:01:35 +0000 (Severity: 2)
186.105.1.252 - https://www.americanmuscle.cl/forum/
ErrorException: session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /var/lib/php/session) (2)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler()
#1 /var/www/amweb/forum/system/Session/Session.php(91): session_start()
#2 /var/www/amweb/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(240): IPS\_Session::i()
#3 /var/www/amweb/forum/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(50): IPS\_Theme::i()
#4 /var/www/amweb/forum/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(526): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard::baseCss()
#5 /var/www/amweb/forum/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(64): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front::baseCss()
#6 /var/www/amweb/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(86): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->init()
#7 /var/www/amweb/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#8 {main}
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thu, 15 Jul 2021 01:01:50 +0000 (Severity: 2)
186.105.1.252 - http://www.americanmuscle.cl/forum/index.php?/login/
ErrorException: session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /var/lib/php/session) (2)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler()
#1 /var/www/amweb/forum/system/Session/Session.php(91): session_start()
#2 /var/www/amweb/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(240): IPS\_Session::i()
#3 /var/www/amweb/forum/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(50): IPS\_Theme::i()
#4 /var/www/amweb/forum/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(526): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard::baseCss()
#5 /var/www/amweb/forum/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(64): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front::baseCss()
#6 /var/www/amweb/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(86): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->init()
#7 /var/www/amweb/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#8 {main}
------------------------------------------------------------------------

47 minutes ago, Hisashi said:

What version is installed?
I've had problems like these in old version, my case it was the php version.

I use cpanel, so it's simple for me to make this change, if it's not something complicated for you try this.

Test 7.0 to 7.4 php

Currently 7.4.21

I will try other versions and post, thx.

45 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’m redirected to the new site every time I click in any link. Check the path on conf_global.php.

Yes, I was not intending to use the old version as published, just store it meanwhile.
I have changed the path now, just for testing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again.
I managed to get my backup running, and after a couple minor adjustments I've "fixed" a couple details. However, it won't allow me to update.

I've tried to reach support from the adminCP but not sure if they get my messages as I don't get any replies.

I'm running CentOS 7 and downgraded first to PHP 5.4 and after the first error message upgraded to PHP 5.6

Now this is the error message when trying to update.

1C287 / 2 You are running PHP version 5.5.5-10.5.9-MariaDB. You need PHP 5.3.0 or higher. Contact your hosting provider or system administrator and ask them to update.

I also noticed I can't upload files to the gallery, folder permissions are OK, even tried with 777 but no luck.

On 8/13/2021 at 2:26 PM, Olivia Clark said:

Hi @Ricardo Torrent

We did get your email but our reply may not have reached you. 🙂 Looks like you will need to upgrade your PHP to version 7.4 to complete the upgrade for your site.

I hope that sets you on the right path.

Olivia,
Thank you, I had to downgrade from 7.4 to 5.4 to get my backup running, so I thought it might not work again if I upgraded to 7.4.  I was wrong, just upgraded to 7.4 and my forum still runs.  Will perform a manual update now. 

Thank you for your time.