Profile Field type based on group?

It’s probably too much of an edge case when implemented exactly the way you ask for. The clean and obvious solution is the ability to simply assign profile fields to groups. Then you could have the text area field assigned to one group and a separate editor field assigned to the other group. There would be a broad use for that and it always puzzled me that this isn’t possible already. It’s kind of obvious. We probably don’t want people to sign up and set all kinds of advertising links on their profile, but we might be happy to allow it later on when they move up to another member group of active members, paying members and so on. 

37 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can create two different fields and use this plugin to choose which user groups can use them:

Can we achieve this by using that Profile Field Per User Group?

On 7/6/2021 at 7:00 PM, Umaar said:

Can we achieve this by using that Profile Field Per User Group?

I have purchased this plugin from Adriano. Unfortunately, it does not allow you to set different profile field for different member group.

1 minute ago, SeNioR- said:

I have purchased this plugin from Adriano. Unfortunately, it does not allow you to set different profile field for different member group.

Of  course it does, mate! That's what it does. It DOES NOT make it on register screen, as I said!

It also DOES NOT "change" the type of field. As I said, you would need to create 2 fields and set one per group.