Reputation + Reactions Customization Difficulty

Hello all,

On my forum, I would like to utilize the 'Thanks' button so I have disabled the current 'Thanks' and changed the 'Like' button to 'Thanks'.

My issue is that I do not want to utilize the reputation system, but I would like to utilize the reaction system by only having the 'Thanks' as the only button.

Currently, it appears that if I disable the 'Reputation' capability, that this also disables the use of the 'Reaction' system, even though the 'Reaction' system is enabled separately.

Can anyone help me sort this out so I can use the 'Thanks' button with the 'Reaction' system with the 'Reputation' system disabled?

Also, I would like to make sure that the forum block 'Popular Contributors' is removed from my forum homepage. I understand that it doesn't show when the 'Reputation' system is disabled and I am fine with the disabled 'Reputation' system, but I do want to use the 'Reaction' system without having to have the 'Reputation' system enabled.

5 hours ago, typography said:

My issue is that I do not want to utilize the reputation system, but I would like to utilize the reaction system by only having the 'Thanks' as the only button.

I don’t think that is possible. 

5 hours ago, typography said:

Also, I would like to make sure that the forum block 'Popular Contributors' is removed from my forum homepage. 

That part is easy. Just open the front end block manager as admin and remove it. 

One work-around could be to set your Thanks reaction so that it doesn't add a positive score to reputation. You'd still have the reputation in place but at least it would stay at zero for all people. Another is to bear in mind that on 4.6, the reputation score doesn't show in the author pane when viewing a topic, and with a quick CSS edit, you could hide the reputation entry which is shown when viewing a profile. If you did that, then it wouldn't matter that the reputation score is increasing, since nobody would get to see it anyway.