how to hide or remove FORUMS AND START NEW TOPIC

Go to solution Solved by TAMAN,

• Solution
38 minutes ago, OMGTECH said:

how can i hide or remove forums start new topic button on forums list ? 

add in custom.css

body[data-pagemodule="forums"][data-pagecontroller="index"] .ipsPageHeader .ipsToolList_primaryAction{display: none;}body[data-pagemodule="forums"][data-pagecontroller="index"] .ipsPageHeader>h1{visibility: hidden;}

Edited by TAMAN

• 2 weeks later...

.ipsMargin_vertical, .ipsMargin_bottom {
    margin-bottom: var(--sp-5) !important;
    display: none;
}

I use below to hide gap space leaved after hide the Start New Topic button, but it at the same time hide the topic title box when we open the topic, @TAMAN the gap space is possible hidden without affect the topic page (hide the topic title container)?

ipshelp.png

1 hour ago, kmk said:

.ipsMargin_vertical, .ipsMargin_bottom {
    margin-bottom: var(--sp-5) !important;
    display: none;
}

I use below to hide gap space leaved after hide the Start New Topic button, but it at the same time hide the topic title box when we open the topic, @TAMAN the gap space is possible hidden without affect the topic page (hide the topic title container)?

ipshelp.png

What i posted does not hide anything else besides the Start new topic and the forum title next to it on the same page 

maybe if you explain a little better what you want to do i can help 🙂 

Using your css code, the Forums title and Start New Topic button are removed, but 

1. In desktop it leave a gap space. 

2. In mobile it leave a gap space too, and the button Start New Topic is still there. 

I would like:

1. In mobile and desktop, remove the Start New Topic button in Forums page and Topics lists page (after enter to a forum there still show Start New Topic button) 

2. Remove the gap space caused after the button is removed. 

Thanks for your help @TAMAN

15 hours ago, kmk said:

1. In mobile and desktop, remove the Start New Topic button in Forums page and Topics lists page (after enter to a forum there still show Start New Topic button) 

2. Remove the gap space caused after the button is removed. 

Thanks for your help @TAMAN

If you want to remove the start new topic on mobile, desktop forums list and forum index then simply set the user permissions. how are you as admin supposed to add a new topic if theres no button to add new topics? 

and if you hide the gap completely you would also hide  other forum buttons like Table, Grid, Fluid view forums 

anyway if you still want to do that add this in custom.css it will hide the page header completely including anything inside and everywhere on forums

body[data-pagemodule="forums"] .ipsPageHeader{display: none;}

Edited by TAMAN

14 hours ago, TAMAN said:

how are you as admin supposed to add a new topic if theres no button to add new topics?

Because in navbar already with plus button to add topic..."+'', I idea is only leave this way to add content...