Topic Summary suggestions

rgf100

I like the new topic summary boxes, but have a few thoughts...

"TOP POSTERS IN THIS TOPIC" - it's more likely people will want to read the posts, than the posters' profiles. If there's any way to bring together the posts someone has made (perhaps by minimising other posts?) that would be good, otherwise I'd have that link to the person's first / highest rated post in that topic.

The "POPULAR POSTS" bit - I'm not sure how intuitive clicking on the date is. I'd make the post text snippet clickable (and perhaps that whole div, with the userphoto / name also going to the post, although I realise this would be inconsistent with behaviour elsewhere.

POSTED IMAGES - I like this, but there's no way to get from the images to the associated post. I think there should be. 

Edited by rgf100

This widget is really great, but requires some modification as you said.

It's still pretty new as far as I know and will probably receive some updates in near future where you can change what is being displayed.
Just have to be patient and wait! 😀

1 hour ago, rgf100 said:

I like the new topic summary boxes, but have a few thoughts...

"TOP POSTERS IN THIS TOPIC" - it's more likely people will want to read the posts, than the posters' profiles. If there's any way to bring together the posts someone has made (perhaps by minimising other posts?) that would be good, otherwise I'd have that link to the person's first / highest rated post in that topic.

The "POPULAR POSTS" bit - I'm not sure how intuitive clicking on the date is. I'd make the post text snippet clickable (and perhaps that whole div, with the userphoto / name also going to the post, although I realise this would be inconsistent with behaviour elsewhere.

POSTED IMAGES - I like this, but there's no way to get from the images to the associated post. I think there should be. 

You didn't see this snippet from our 4.6 changelog from me shhhhh

- Changed "popular posts" in the topic statistics area to make each displayed post a link to the post.
- Changed "posted images" in the topic statistics area to link attached images to the post they were attached to.

Excellent. I'm just going to keep going and we'll see how fast you can keep up. 

Next point: "Under first post" is not the ideal position, for the topic summary or ads, or anything. Regular member traffic is much more likely to be heading for a #comment-xxxx anchor tag and will skip right past the first post. If I remember correctly anything after the # in a url isn't available to the server, but if you could work round that and have that content appear *where the user is actually looking* it's a lot more likely to be seen. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 9:12 AM, bfarber said:

- Changed "posted images" in the topic statistics area to link attached images to the post they were attached to.

So it will collect all images of the topic thread? 

So we can click to the image, then we can review the images as images container? 

So after the container opened, if we click to the image it will redirect us to the post where contain the image?