IPS does not send Customer Name in Stripe transaction?

mcsg
Go to solution Solved by Matt,

We're noticing on our Stripe test platform that the Card Holder Name is not being transmitted by IPS. Why is that the case?

This seems like basic information needed by the processor. Is this the expected behavior?

Sometimes we get the Customer Name as shown below, but we never get the Card Holder name

image.thumb.png.dabd698b5dcbec7946aaa8144e55d766.png

11 hours ago, realspezz said:

Same here, apparently they should be passing the name entered with billing information but it seems they are not. Could a admin/dev comment on this?

@realspezz When the card is requested, I do not see a field asking for the Customer Name or Card Holder Name. Do you have one?
I think IPS could send the Customer Name, but that could be different than the Card Holder name.

On 2/19/2021 at 1:19 PM, mcsg said:

@realspezz When the card is requested, I do not see a field asking for the Customer Name or Card Holder Name. Do you have one?
I think IPS could send the Customer Name, but that could be different than the Card Holder name.

IPS askes for their first and last name during checkout, the billing address part is passed to Stripe but not the name portion.
spacer.png

5 hours ago, realspezz said:

IPS askes for their first and last name during checkout, the billing address part is passed to Stripe but not the name portion.

Thanks, I have that too, but my confusion comes from testing checkouts with existing customers. On that page, it does not show who is checking out when the address is known by IPS. Is there some way to ALWAYS show the name and other required customer fields (other than expecting the user will hit EDIT each time) when selecting the shipping/billing?

image.png.ced81972e182e155bbb556261a7e93cd.png

And I realize it may not be possible to add a separate Cardholder name to the system, but when adding/entering a new credit card, I don't think the assumption should be that the Customer Name (which it does not show on the screen - though perhaps this is a setting somewhere...) is the same as the Card Holder name.

image.thumb.png.4e8dfef6683fb4da15ebed6092effc75.png

Just now, mcsg said:

And I realize it may not be possible to add a separate Cardholder name to the system, but when adding/entering a new credit card, I don't think the assumption should be that the Customer Name (which it does not show on the screen - though perhaps this is a setting somewhere...) is the same as the Card Holder name.

image.thumb.png.4e8dfef6683fb4da15ebed6092effc75.png

The issue is IPS and other forums use Stripe 2.0 checkout system, which does not require the customers name that is why you don't see a box for it.

Stripe recommends you switch to their 3.0 checkout but I have yet to see any of the big forum/commerce software do this. In the event all you want is customer name I would suggest contacting a plugin dev or making a request to Invision's staff for adding that feature.