PayPal changes effective March 11, 2021

SJ77

I was notified by PayPal that there are some changes coming effective March 11, 2021

I use the downloads app and pay my contributors exactly in the same way that IPS does here for the marketplace

it’s very convenient to pay contributors their commission using PayPal through the admin control panel

Is this no longer going to work after March 11? Really hoping someone can shed some light on this

I do pay individuals one at a time row by row and the API uses the PayPal mass pay out to pay an individual

925970B2-8EB5-4B09-ADE8-1D090071B7BD.jpeg

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

Edited by SJ77

That's interesting indeed.

Maybe this will be the push Invision needs to stop using the outdated MassPay API and integrate the newer Payouts API which does allow individual payments.  It's much cheaper and allows you to send payments to both PayPal and Venmo accounts which helps in countries that don't have PayPal available to them.

Edit:  It doesn't actually look like anything is changing, but I could be wrong so we shall wait and see.  I read through the link and it looks like they're just explaining the guideline more clearly, probably due to some confusion with past clients?

Edited by ahc

• Management

If you're using it for true mass payment purposes, you should still be within the spirit of the AUP. That policy suggests you would not be in compliance, however, if you are making payments through the system on an individual basis. 

In any event, there doesn't appear to be any technical changes or impact; it's merely a clarification of policy. 

13 hours ago, Lindy said:

If you're using it for true mass payment purposes, you should still be within the spirit of the AUP. That policy suggests you would not be in compliance, however, if you are making payments through the system on an individual basis. 

In any event, there doesn't appear to be any technical changes or impact; it's merely a clarification of policy. 

When I click the check box on the right, as per available in the ACP, this is a violation of the Paypal AUP?

image.thumb.png.a441ef61b37dc67e4a3859cc895ab9c8.png