Database custom fields

kmk

Custom fields only can edit by administrators?

I try to create custom fields which should be can see and editable by some members groups, but without result....I already play the database permission, field permission, category permission....but only administrators can see field and edit it.

3 hours ago, Morrigan said:

I would need to see screen shots for all of the permissions and the custom fields setup to even begin to guess. 

Super admin account can see the filter created with custom fields

ipsrecordwithcustomfieldsfilter.png.81054cfdb40a79fe3983c7a92902766e.png

From member view, can not see the filter

ipsrecordpagecannotseefilter.thumb.png.f96732905fae55d914b68b69a5005df0.png

Page permission, Allow all groups

ipspagepermission.thumb.png.3d7001466118ea7cf1ab871f191de4c2.png

Fields permissions, second group of the member, all allowed.

ipsdatabasefieldpermission.thumb.png.62bbc2fbccd82787dc4d39e30bc44927.png

Category permission, only without add records permission

2098478414_ipsdatabasecategorypermission(1).thumb.png.93341b44cd5406d6d75d2d84d60fb77a.png

Database permission, only without add records permission.

ipsdatabasepermissions.thumb.png.02d351e93edda0f02848deccbfba8ca6.png

So the second screenshot is the "Comments" section. The Comments section does NOT have custom fields. The only time they would see the fields is if they were editing a record (the top section) per the way your permissions are setup. If they had add record they would see it when they create a new record as well.

There are no custom fields for comments.

The add records permission added. Now the member can create record (that is not what I want) and in the record can see the filter (That is what I WANT).

What I try to doing is, teacher can create a record as homework for a specific student and their guardian can see it too. In that record with 2 status filters, one for student one for guardian, when teach publish a record, student use change the student statu to notify if he already received or already have it finished, for guardian, he can use change guardian statu as check it and pending, so student will to know their parent is pending on their homework.

so what I try to do is, 

Teacher can create record, can see and modify all filters.

Student can not create record, but can see all filters, and only can edit student statu filter.

Guardian can not create record, but can see all filters, and only can edit guardian statu filter.

6 hours ago, kmk said:

From member view, can not see the filter

This is not a filter on your screenshot. These are fields that are editable while viewing the record. The fields are only shown to those who can edit records. Filter is a block that can be added to a sidebar on the category view. The fields that can be used in the filter must be defined in the APC as those. 

5 hours ago, Sonya* said:

This is not a filter on your screenshot. These are fields that are editable while viewing the record. The fields are only shown to those who can edit records. Filter is a block that can be added to a sidebar on the category view. The fields that can be used in the filter must be defined in the APC as those. 

You alright. 

The issue is by the Wiki-style, for what I want to do it need to actived. Thanks @Jimi Wikman

By now is pending to resolve the RECORD EDITABLE for all problem. The Edit button is shown by the Wiki-style feature actived, but I need disable the Edit record ability for student and parent groups, because they don't have to modify the record published by the teacher group. 

IMG_20210112_220124.jpg