Instagram and Facebook oEmbed support topic

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/oembed

Requirements

Make sure you’ve followed the requirements on Facebook’s end. You need the developer app, but he oembed product added to it, and the app must be in “live mode”. 

If you’ve checked all this and it’s still not working, please let me know what error you are getting if any. Also, check the System Logs in the AdminCP and let me know if any errors are being registered when you try to paste an appropriate Facebook or Instagram link. 

1 hour ago, rebraf said:

Requirements

Make sure you’ve followed the requirements on Facebook’s end. You need the developer app, but he oembed product added to it, and the app must be in “live mode”. 

If you’ve checked all this and it’s still not working, please let me know what error you are getting if any. Also, check the System Logs in the AdminCP and let me know if any errors are being registered when you try to paste an appropriate Facebook or Instagram link. 

Hey there! So excited to get this in motion! @rebraf

I purchased the plugin and tried setting up all the criteria in FB developer app, but I still didn't have any luck getting IG embeds to show.

I think the part I'm stuck in is creating the Instagram App ID.

It's asking me for this information in FB and I'm not sure what to put:

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 1.53.17 PM.png

16 hours ago, rebraf said:

Requirements

I've set up all the required items in the list above, and it's still not working. I'm probably missing something in the app I created, , but I can't figure it out. There aren't any errors in the system log.

3 hours ago, rebraf said:

Do you have a Facebook developer account set up? Are you being required to set up Facebook login, which is where OAuth redirect URIs come into play?

You could try setting (siteurl)/oauth/token/index.php for the redirect URI. 

Yes I have a FB developer account set up :]

Here's what it looks like:

229580208_ScreenShot2020-12-20at8_22_00AM.thumb.png.69797913bb3bb0363c3e785bf2df139f.png

I'm not quite sure what you mean with this: You could try setting (siteurl)/oauth/token/index.php for the redirect URI. 

I tried this URL: https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/oauth/token/index.php

But it's also asking me to fill more fields out.

807420403_ScreenShot2020-12-20at8_21_04AM.thumb.png.529a0ff8c4ae8a558306a1c0e5aaa555.png

3 hours ago, omgenghis said:

I've set up all the required items in the list above, and it's still not working. I'm probably missing something in the app I created, , but I can't figure it out. There aren't any errors in the system log.

2 hours ago, rebraf said:

Go ahead and send me a PM with ACP and FTP access and I’ll check it out to see what’s wrong. Thanks. 

Once you guys work this out, I'd love it if I can jump in too and get some help to get this working 🙏 😊 

5 minutes ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Worked out of the box for me - did not do anything than adding app ID and Secret and oembed. I used the same ID for Instagram and facebook

This is my settings in developeraccount

image.png.cba5940d95b591aaca809da1c027bdc2.png

Hey.

I can't seem to find that screen ^

Here's what my OAuth settings looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 8.03.29 AM.png

7 hours ago, Sheffielder said:

What does this plug in do? 

This plugin allows you to paste Instagram and/or Facebook links and have them embed automatically in your community. This functionality used to work out of the box, however Facebook (who also own Instagram) made changes on their end that makes this more complicated now.

6 hours ago, omgenghis said:

Is Facebook Login required for this to work? If not, I'd rather not add it to my site. 

I don't believe so, however I'll follow up with you in your PM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey @rebraf! Interesting turn of events. The Instagram embeds show still, but they all look like this now (see below). Wondering if that's happening to you? We are still a little ways a way from 4.6 (which includes this IG and FB embed fix) so I'd love to see if we can find an answer sooner than later haha 😆 

Let me know what you think! 

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 7.17.19 AM.png

20 hours ago, Jordan Invision said:

Hey @rebraf! Interesting turn of events. The Instagram embeds show still, but they all look like this now (see below). Wondering if that's happening to you? We are still a little ways a way from 4.6 (which includes this IG and FB embed fix) so I'd love to see if we can find an answer sooner than later haha 😆 

Let me know what you think! 

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 7.17.19 AM.png

Do you have any extensions or add-ons to your browser to block tracking or something similar? I had Duck Duck Go installed in Google Chrome, and once I turned that off I could see Instagram posts fine. I just checked this morning and had no problems. I was originally confused since I could see the IG posts fine on my phone but not in my browser.