Shaded Bar Background Behind Sub-board Lists?

usmf
Go to solution Solved by Morrigan,

I'm trying to get rid of the shaded background bar that is showing up behind sub-board lists, lists of online members and a few other places. Red arrows mark the spots showing on the front page of my forum. Any suggestions how to get rid of that grey background bar behind those items of text would be much appreciated.

https://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/

Color Bar on SubBoards Problem.JPG

Edited by usmf

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the CSS which had been edited by someone else, and I am now trying to fix it. There is only the following which codes the text on those bars/lines that I'm wanting to get rid of.

.ipsList_inline, li, a {
      COLOR: #000000;
}

So far, I still can't get the color of the background bars to change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Your theme is a mess and the person that made these edits made them in the WRONG places.

I would personally recommend you create a new theme (fresh no changes). Use the edit theme to change the base colors and then ask how to change the other things after that.

The person that did this theme originally edited framework.css which is a BIG no, no and will cause you nothing but grief as you upgrade.

The theme itself wouldn't be hard to replicate and get working to what it looks like now. It seems to be primarily default with a ton of color edits and some added images.

That's my true recommendation. However if you just want to fix it issue by issue and not resolve your core issue this is how you fix your current one:

.ipsBreadcrumb, .ipsList_inline, .ipsList_reset, .cSignedIn, #elUserNav, .ipsList_inline, .ipsList_reset, .cSignedIn {
	background: transparent;
	background-color: transparent;
	background-image: none;
}

1 hour ago, Morrigan said:

Your theme is a mess and the person that made these edits made them in the WRONG places.

I would personally recommend you create a new theme (fresh no changes). Use the edit theme to change the base colors and then ask how to change the other things after that.

The person that did this theme originally edited framework.css which is a BIG no, no and will cause you nothing but grief as you upgrade.

The theme itself wouldn't be hard to replicate and get working to what it looks like now. It seems to be primarily default with a ton of color edits and some added images.

That's my true recommendation. However if you just want to fix it issue by issue and not resolve your core issue this is how you fix your current one:

.ipsBreadcrumb, .ipsList_inline, .ipsList_reset, .cSignedIn, #elUserNav, .ipsList_inline, .ipsList_reset, .cSignedIn {
	background: transparent;
	background-color: transparent;
	background-image: none;
}

Thank you for this. I was afraid it was something like that. There were multiple people involved in this before I volunteered to try and fix it. I've done personal websites for years, but something as intense as forums is new to me. 

Your suggestion does look good to start from scratch, so I think that's what I'll do. I should be able to start in on this next week.

Thanks to both of you! I've put in the temporary fix but am going to start working on this from scratch next week. Personally, the custom.css is all I'm touching . . . but I guess other things were changed earlier this year! Oops . . . 

Thanks for the help!