Full, expanded quote?

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

only if you promise to stop claiming that the useful collapsing of the quote is the worst thing in the world ever

Useful to some, worst thing in the world to others! 😅

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

if you stop centering all your posts 😉

I will do my best to; visually, center is just what I am used to, and have been used to for over 15+ years, haha.

At this moment it's on "position: relative; height: 145.3px" and when we click on "Expand" it is switched to position: static, height: auto; it might be something that you can look for it in your AdminCP > in Templates.

Try to look for "expand" word or "ipsTruncate". Maybe it's there and if not, there is a JavaScript file > look for the javascript that makes for both "before:" and "after:" actions and change those from "hidden" to visible.

(I found a solution for it)

Goto JS file javascript_global/root_framework.js:

look for it: 

data-ipsTruncate-expandText

there you should look for 7 lines - you can Expand the lines.

Edited by Ziv Grosu
good luck!
20 hours ago, Ziv Grosu said:

At this moment it's on "position: relative; height: 145.3px" and when we click on "Expand" it is switched to position: static, height: auto; it might be something that you can look for it in your AdminCP > in Templates.

Try to look for "expand" word or "ipsTruncate". Maybe it's there and if not, there is a JavaScript file > look for the javascript that makes for both "before:" and "after:" actions and change those from "hidden" to visible.

(I found a solution for it)

Goto JS file javascript_global/root_framework.js:

look for it: 

data-ipsTruncate-expandText

there you should look for 7 lines - you can Expand the lines.

Thank you for the help, however, it does not seem to be located or even work.
I tried multiple different ways. Am hoping the plugin Nathan is graciously attempting to create may work!

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Yeah, this is doable.

I'm going to play around with some other things that can be done with the quote too - might look into building it into https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9023-ne-ignore-quotes/ and giving it a rename to "(NE) Quote enhancements"

Nathan, sir, you are a life-saver! You have no idea. Thanks to you, I will not respond to this in the center, haha. 👍🏻

Update on this one - got it working nicely IN_DEV, exactly as I want it to be....allows IPS code to do its thing, then I steam in and change the quote to either expand it or change the number of lines displayed from the hardcoded 7 lines.

Stick it on a test site and the order in which things take place is different....my code goes first, then IPS steams in and s**** all over what I've done...the gits.

Trying to figure out a way to monitor for IPS completing its thing, and wait for it to complete, before I then do my stuff.

15 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Update on this one - got it working nicely IN_DEV, exactly as I want it to be....allows IPS code to do its thing, then I steam in and change the quote to either expand it or change the number of lines displayed from the hardcoded 7 lines.

Stick it on a test site and the order in which things take place is different....my code goes first, then IPS steams in and s**** all over what I've done...the gits.

Trying to figure out a way to monitor for IPS completing its thing, and wait for it to complete, before I then do my stuff.

Thanks for the update! Cannot wait to see the outcome, truly!

Unfortunately, I am going to have to throw the towel in on this one at this time - just can't see a way to get it to work on a production site, and I'm going goggle-eyed trying to find an 'in' on this one now.

Are you self-hosted? If so then I can send you a PM with the steps which can be followed to remove the small block of JS code that has the hardcoding of the setting of the variables which the actual truncation code uses to do its stuff, to use at your own risk.

On 12/7/2020 at 2:13 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Unfortunately, I am going to have to throw the towel in on this one at this time - just can't see a way to get it to work on a production site, and I'm going goggle-eyed trying to find an 'in' on this one now.

Are you self-hosted? If so then I can send you a PM with the steps which can be followed to remove the small block of JS code that has the hardcoding of the setting of the variables which the actual truncation code uses to do its stuff, to use at your own risk.

I am not self-hosted; I am hosted via a host site, unless that's what you mean by self-hosted, lol.
I noticed you mentioned the hardcore seven lines... and, I think that is in the ipsTruncate via theme editor.. shouldn't I be able to go into the theme, and change the "7" to something like "100?"

Thank you, again, for trying your best to make this work, by the way! It is genuinely appreciated!

7 hours ago, MNOfficial said:

I think that is in the ipsTruncate via theme editor.. shouldn't I be able to go into the theme, and change the "7" to something like "100?"

No, it's not.

Question asked a different way....are you hosted on Invision's hosting? (asking again purely because that is the opposite of self-hosted, and I think you are self-hosted but it's not clear from what you said)

Edited by Nathan Explosion
6 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

No, it's not.

Damn.

6 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Question asked a different way....are you hosted on Invision's hosting? (asking again purely because that is the opposite of self-hosted, and I think you are self-hosted but it's not clear from what you said)

No. I am not hosted on Invision's hosting.

• 3 months later...