How to fix "Maintenance tasks not running" ?

Hello, 🙂

I suddienly got this message in my ACP :

Maintenance Tasks Not Running

Your community is configured to run routine maintenance tasks using a cron, however, it does not appear to be running This will cause significant damage to your community if not resolved. Check the cron is set up properly, or switch to the Run Automatically with Traffic option. If you do not know how to set up a cron, contact your hosting provider or system administrator for assistance.

A cron should be set on your server to run the following command every minute:

So far, everything was working fine and I do have my cron configured...

How can I fix this ?

Thank you. 🙂

Edited by SecondSight

Ok. I've just posted a support ticket.

It looks like cron is working on the server :

[root@server ~]# ps -ef | grep crond
root     17727     1  0 20:36 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/crond -n
root     19413  4694  0 20:38 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto crond

Edited by SecondSight

18 hours ago, SecondSight said:

Regarding this part of the message : This will cause significant damage to your community if not resolved. 

What kind of damages can it cause and how long can I leave the problem non resolved ?

Thank you. 🙂

Lots of things are handled by tasks, such as issuing and processing Commerce renewals, pruning various tables, running background tasks and so on. There isn't a single specific "damage" that can be pointed to ... the software simply expects those tasks to be running and things won't be working right if they're not.

Thank you for the explanations. 🙂

Support didn't see the message. It had disappeared. They also said that tasks were actually running. So it looks like it's working fine.

I had ran the "Something isn't working correctly tool" but at this moment it didn't make the message disappear (perhaps because it is cached).