Topic Summary: Sticky Posts

kmk

Feature request for Topic Summary structure:

Sticky Post ability, let moderators (author can be included according admin configuration) sticky some posts that contain valuable information or GOODS POSTS.

In the moment a post is selected as Sticky Post, moderator has to name the post with a title, so in the Topic Summary will appear the title with direct link to the post.

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

it would be a mess to be displayed in topic

It will not be a mess, because firstly, the content of the topic summary are selectable, admin can choose how many contents actived. Secondly, as the suggestion say, use a title to redirect to the post, it just display the title, example, I want to sticky a post with title "the best alternative", and another post as "Information extras"..... 

Right now the differents idea applied is as you say, a little mess... WHEN MARK SOLUTION, appear before the topic, adding Message Note, it appear before the topic, mark a post as Recommended, it appear before the topic.... All these are tools that work alround a topic, the purpose is ORGANIZE the topic content. If these tools are well adjusted and work as "content of the Topic Summary"... More clearly by structure, and more useful to build content organized by topic style. 

One of the use of scene. 

I often try find post that maybe contain the solution of my question (if I don't want to ask questions that already asked by others) , but how many of us want to read all posts one by one? IMG_20200928_100144.thumb.jpg.12900a2d50a570be0b9d8816dc88fbb0.jpg

After so many participation of members con replies inside a topic, the topic itself maybe contain so many useful tips, ideas and solutions of some often questions.

If we have ability of create a Title of redirect to the specific posts, the moderator can create a instant of FAQ by the Topic Summary structure. 

And customer just review the Topic Summary area and will be easy-to-find the solution that already replied in some posts of the thread. 

33 minutes ago, kmk said:

One of the use of scene. 

I often try find post that maybe contain the solution of my question (if I don't want to ask questions that already asked by others) , but how many of us want to read all posts one by one? IMG_20200928_100144.thumb.jpg.12900a2d50a570be0b9d8816dc88fbb0.jpg

After so many participation of members con replies inside a topic, the topic itself maybe contain so many useful tips, ideas and solutions of some often questions.

If we have ability of create a Title of redirect to the specific posts, the moderator can create a instant of FAQ by the Topic Summary structure. 

And customer just review the Topic Summary area and will be easy-to-find the solution that already replied in some posts of the thread. 

Wouldn't the new "Mark as solution" feature in 4.5 work better than links to random posts ?  This will also highlight the post and create a link to it..
Another great indicator are the posts with the most likes (which are part of the topic summary)

4 minutes ago, Luuuk said:

For such "FAQ", I would just use already existing public Staff Notes with simple links to "useful posts".

These posts repeatedly on the first post, it is a mess view for the page view. Example, after a long time conversations, in the thread we found 10 solutions of 10 questions, we don't want the new users or readers repeat the same questions, we just enlist the 10 questions in the Topic Summary container, it just redirect to the post where is the reply of the question. At least for me as user, it seems to be so clean view easy to navigate the topic and forum. 

My suggestion is a ABILITY to re-organize the topic content, the posts. With that ability, we can continue exploring the value of our posts inside a long topic thread. With that ability, our participation, our ideas, or our collaboration of a reply will not dead inside a long thread. 

And the topic can be continue increasing with more posts, with that ABILITY the topic content can be continue to be well moderate, and showing the values as an old topic for the new users or readers. 

28 minutes ago, kmk said:

These posts repeatedly on the first post, it is a mess view for the page view. Example, after a long time conversations, in the thread we found 10 solutions of 10 questions, we don't want the new users or readers repeat the same questions, we just enlist the 10 questions in the Topic Summary container, it just redirect to the post where is the reply of the question. At least for me as user, it seems to be so clean view easy to navigate the topic and forum. 

Well, I still don't get what is wrong with a public Staff Note in this context. You stick only one note with "10 questions" linked to replies, the note is visible on top on all pages. Am I missing something?

44 minutes ago, Luuuk said:

Well, I still don't get what is wrong with a public Staff Note in this context. You stick only one note with "10 questions" linked to replies, the note is visible on top on all pages. Am I missing something?

I take the screenshot and try to describe my imagination:IMG_20200928_114922.thumb.jpg.5d5a34f20609ceb74f95a5e67fac765b.jpg

Orange: Are fields where contain the questions (not necessarily a long question, it can be key words) and link to the related post. 

Green: Let say we call it as "Issues Resolved" or "FAQ". 

But if we use 10 Staff Note, it just reptea 10 posts more on the threat... and it not is the purpose of RE-ORGANIZE and show the values of the long thread. In the screenshot we can see 2 notes, how it will be if are 10?

IMG_20200928_115009.jpg

Edited by kmk

13 minutes ago, kmk said:

But if we use 10 Staff Note, it just reptea 10 posts more on the threat... and it not is the purpose of RE-ORGANIZE and show the values of the long thread. In the screenshot we can see 2 notes, how it will be if are 10?

vs.

57 minutes ago, Luuuk said:

You stick only one note with "10 questions" linked to replies, the note is visible on top on all pages. Am I missing something?

You can load many links in one note. You can then easily edit the note to add more than "10" or reduce the links amount.

staffnote.png.b26097685c3baa67743b93d79f243da7.png

Edited by Luuuk

36 minutes ago, Luuuk said:

vs.

You can load many links in one note. You can then easily edit the note to add more than "10" or reduce the links amount.

staffnote.png.b26097685c3baa67743b93d79f243da7.png

It work if we just talking about create a note where contain the links of each posts links. 

But I try to give a whole design suggestion basic we already have the Topic Summary system. 

For a best, clean topic thread view, some tools that was created on the time (separately implemented) can be grouped, and TOPIC SUMMARY have the best structure for that purpose, tools and abilities to organize topic contents.