No unarchive option...

Go to solution Solved by clearvision,

I'm needing to turn off archiving.  This is supposedly an option and I have seen an image of the page with the option to turn off.

But here is my archive page:

archive.thumb.PNG.b50b41086f14a26ebaf45a3356810a80.PNG

No where to turn off.  I am using the cloud service and have a suspicion they may be forcing this, but I can't find any where on the web or in admin mentioning this.

Am I missing something obvious?

Edited by clearvision

So this is sort of bad if new "feature" as all our forums including reference forums on books and wines are now archived and older posts are no longer searchable.  This appears to be some sort of new automatic setting as we would have never archived (no search) these forums.

Edited by clearvision

• Solution

Support confirmed forced archival is a new "feature" for cloud hosted sites with no options on what areas to archive.  Apparently this is undocumented and set to 3 years (1to5 is range).  Claim it is being looked at.  Not having advance notice of this change is in pretty poor form.

For sites with reference type forums (food, wine, books, travel, technical advice) this is pretty fatal as content over 5 years is no longer searched, and pretty useless.  We have low density forums with over 10 years of history and the content there is not time sensitive.

3 hours ago, clearvision said:

Support confirmed forced archival is a new "feature" for cloud hosted sites with no options on what areas to archive.  Apparently this is undocumented and set to 3 years (1to5 is range).  Claim it is being looked at.  Not having advance notice of this change is in pretty poor form.

For sites with reference type forums (food, wine, books, travel, technical advice) this is pretty fatal as content over 5 years is no longer searched, and pretty useless.  We have low density forums with over 10 years of history and the content there is not time sensitive.

@peter gariepy you may interested in this post.

On 9/20/2020 at 10:34 AM, clearvision said:

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I've just noticed that this has been forced onto our forum as well and having a large number of older reference posts makes the software totally unsuitable for our use.

@Charles - Please confirm that I will be able to turn archiving off completely and when this will be implemented. Sorry, but this is a deal breaker for us 😞