Default ACP theme in 4.5

2 hours ago, Ilya Hoilik said:

And now you declined my plugin which adds an ability to set custom theme as default for AdminCP because it re-introduces removed functionality. Why you removed this?

Somewhere I've read here that plugins restoring removed functionality deemed removed for good reasons aren't permitted on Marketplace.

Just now, Ilya Hoilik said:

There were no good reasons to remove useful functionality that worked well and helped stay my AdminCP clean and unmodified.

I have no idea why they removed it--presumably, "good reasons" which is why it was rejected. Perhaps you could ask whomever rejected it why?

I imagine theming support for ACP was removed due to issues with providing support, a potential security problem, wanting the newly built in Marketplace to be untouched by themes, or some combination of the three. Maybe it was simply to provide light/dark mode support. Good question to ask, though.

Removing the ability to set custom theme resources in the ACP was an annoyance that we had to work around as well.

1 minute ago, Paul E. said:

I imagine theming support for ACP was removed due to issues with providing support, a potential security problem, wanting the newly built in Marketplace to be untouched by themes, or some combination of the three.

You do not understand the problem. I have a custom theme in 4.5 which is set as default. It has larger font sizes than original theme. It has another brand color. And now these changes populate from my front-end area into my AdminCP. I do not want to see my front-end changes in the AdminCP, but I see them and there is no way to set clean theme as default for AdminCP without custom plugin.

7 minutes ago, bfarber said:

You can obviously do this on your own site if you want. But yes, the functionality was removed for a reason and this is one of those areas I anticipate we wouldn't allow to be "restored" via a Marketplace contribution.

Is it allowed to share plugin in this topic for those with the same issue?