Official Versions Supported?

Is there any list of official versions of items supported?

For example, the 4.5.2 release notes say "Updates search compatibility for Elastic Search 7." but according to @bfarber in this post, only 7.6.2 and earlier is supported. How are we supposed to know the exact versions supported before we upgrade to 4.5.2, without searching the forum for all possible issues? I can imagine many people just upgrading elasticsearch to the newest version from the repo and finding out later that it doesn't work. Plus, how many other items are like this? An official versions supported document would be great. 

On 9/9/2020 at 10:21 AM, Chris027 said:

Is there any list of official versions of items supported?

For example, the 4.5.2 release notes say "Updates search compatibility for Elastic Search 7." but according to @bfarber in this post, only 7.6.2 and earlier is supported. How are we supposed to know the exact versions supported before we upgrade to 4.5.2, without searching the forum for all possible issues? I can imagine many people just upgrading elasticsearch to the newest version from the repo and finding out later that it doesn't work. Plus, how many other items are like this? An official versions supported document would be great. 

Happened to me. Got 7.9.0 installed because IPS search setting saying any version between 6 to 8, and then yet anything above 7.6 it's not supported. IPS released for any one a note in the ACP to whom has Elasticsearch setting on, but it was after I contacted the support team. 

Edited by Afrodude