Upgrade of apps and plugins throught Marketplace

bosss

That is not ok - we lose all settings and edits - because we must uninstall first and after that we can install latest version (update is mission impossible) - why You make like that?

Also i get messages (update available) on my 4.4.10 board - but update is for 4.5 board -what i can not use on my 4.4.10 - ypu really made that very complicated - should be simple - that we can download and upgrade with files what we need.

5 minutes ago, bosss said:

That is not ok - we lose all settings and edits - because we must uninstall first and after that we can install latest version (update is mission impossible) - why You make like that?

Also i get messages (update available) on my 4.4.10 board - but update is for 4.5 board -what i can not use on my 4.4.10 - ypu really made that very complicated - should be simple - that we can download and upgrade with files what we need.

Why would you need to uninstall the app/plugin?

Just now, Daniel F said:

Why would you need to uninstall the app/plugin?

Because i can not upgrade (IPS 4.5) - got message that app or plugim must be reinstalled! Take a look here -

I know that you will make the best from you - but here you make big miss!

9 minutes ago, bosss said:

You probably put this in your constants.php a while ago, and forgot about it...

define( 'USE_DEVELOPMENT_BUILDS', TRUE );

10 minutes ago, bosss said:

You do know about these options, don't you?

image.thumb.png.1467adc95ad28fbe5ce5b99714304595.png

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

You probably put this in your constants.php a while ago, and forgot about it...

define( 'USE_DEVELOPMENT_BUILDS', TRUE );

You do know about these options, don't you?

image.thumb.png.1467adc95ad28fbe5ce5b99714304595.png

No - did not put that in constants.php - and those options i have not in 4.5 - beta 11 (should be there those options = mission impossible)

Just now, bosss said:

No - did not put that in constants.php - and those options i have not in 4.5 - beta 11 (should be there those options = mission impossible)

Well, you did say this:

"Also i get messages (update available) on my 4.4.10 board"

Hence the response.

I'll leave you to it, good luck - why not raise a ticket for support?

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Well, you did say this:

"Also i get messages (update available) on my 4.4.10 board"

Hence the response.

I'll leave you to it, good luck - why not raise a ticket for support?

Maybe you do not understand me - i got messages on IPS 4.4.10 about updates (but updates were or are for IPS 4.5 - not IPB 4.4.10)

If you are getting update notifications for 4.5.0, then you must have the constant previously referenced in your constants.php file. Beta releases do not trigger the "update available" banner otherwise.

I would second the suggestion to submit a ticket. You should not need to uninstall anything in order to upgrade, and you should be able to update your existing resources post-upgrade as needed.

15 minutes ago, bfarber said:

If you are getting update notifications for 4.5.0, then you must have the constant previously referenced in your constants.php file. Beta releases do not trigger the "update available" banner otherwise.

I would second the suggestion to submit a ticket. You should not need to uninstall anything in order to upgrade, and you should be able to update your existing resources post-upgrade as needed.

Thanks for suggestion but reallity is different - Should update my theme from one version to another and get this - uninstalled theme and install new version - same with another application - should not be like that - that is my test site - IPS 4.5 Beta 11. - do not need support help yet (thanks).