Question about Password Reset

In 4.5 you can force a reset of password but there isn't an option to force reset users who happen to sign in using Twitter / FB / LinkedIn etc.

It's been a while since I looked at that but if you register and sign in with these services do you not still have local credentials?

4 minutes ago, Ocean West said:

In 4.5 you can force a reset of password but there isn't an option to force reset users who happen to sign in using Twitter / FB / LinkedIn etc.

It's been a while since I looked at that but if you register and sign in with these services do you not still have local credentials?

No - when you use Social Sign-In's to register an account, that is the only way you can authenticate unless you go into your Account Settings and manually set a password to be used for local authentication. As such, there is no password to force to be reset.

I see.

What happens if a user say uses FB then joins movement and quits FB not realizing they no longer have access to it and then can't sign in to their account. They would have to submit a support ticket or create a new account then have an Admin merge them?

Just rambling thru the thought process to have a game plan if and when it happens. 

Edited by Ocean West

Hello a similar question perhaps: I have allowed my members to login with facebook. What happens if i disable the facebook login onwards, is it possible to let them login/register back via standard non-fab login so that they can use their previous user account and access/edit their previous content?

In addition i see no ability in ACP to query who is or count of how many are using which login service.

And or if and who are ONLY using one or more social logins without a local user account.

Perhaps a feature to expose this information - and also when an admin disables a particular social login all members that are affected are automatically forced a reset password and email how to create a site password?

On 7/11/2020 at 1:41 PM, svit said:

Hello a similar question perhaps: I have allowed my members to login with facebook. What happens if i disable the facebook login onwards, is it possible to let them login/register back via standard non-fab login so that they can use their previous user account and access/edit their previous content?

Hi @Ryan Ashbrook can you please advise on this query or direct me where to it has been responded in the past? Thanks.