How to remove "Forums" from site title?

This is what I do.

Go To SEO > Meta Tags > Add Meta Tag

In Page Address put *

I'm not sure if Page title will work, it might but I leave that blank I clicked Add and selected other and then put 'og:site_name"

Then type what you want it to show in the box

10 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

This is what I do.

In Page Address put *

I'm not sure if Page title will work, it might but I leave that blank I clicked Add and selected other and then put 'og:site_name"

You are the best, thank you!!

54 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

This is what I do.

In Page Address put *

Just a heads up, you will not want to use * and replace the Title. This will replace the page title on every page with whatever you place there. That will mislead users and degrade SEO. You will just want to change the page title for your forum index, which you can do via the meta tag live editor if you are unsure of the page address: 

14 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Just a heads up, you will not want to use * and replace the Title. This will replace the page title on every page with whatever you place there. That will mislead users and degrade SEO. You will just want to change the page title for your forum index, which you can do via the meta tag live editor if you are unsure of the page address: 

I thought that when I looked back at it but doesn't seem to be doing that, it only shows that as the title for the board index.

Edited by marklcfc

1 minute ago, marklcfc said:

I thought that when I looked back at it but doesn't seem to be doing that, it only shows that as the title for the board index.

Are you sure you didn't do "/" instead? That will be for the software's index page.

1 minute ago, marklcfc said:

No this is what it looks like

meta.png

That will place the "og:site_name" tag on all pages as you've inserted it there. Testing that myself, that is what I'm receiving. As you've left the Title tag empty, it won't replace anything for Title.

2 minutes ago, Jim M said:

That will place the "og:site_name" tag on all pages as you've inserted it there. Testing that myself, that is what I'm receiving. As you've left the Title tag empty, it won't replace anything for Title.

Oh ok, I remember now. I wanted the site name meta tag to be on every page as it was missing in source, I thought it would help google. Does it not?

For @hterrag instead of doing what I said, put / in page address then just edit the Page Title

Just now, marklcfc said:

Oh ok, I remember now. I wanted the site name meta tag to be on every page as it was missing in source, I thought it would help google. Does it not?

The og prefix is for open graph, this is mainly for when your website is shared to Facebook and other websites. Little information on that:  https://ahrefs.com/blog/open-graph-meta-tags/

Just now, marklcfc said:

For @hterrag instead of doing what I said, put / in page address then just edit the Page Title

That would only be if they are using Forums as their default application is at their community index. As mentioned, it would be better for them to assess the situation and use the information provided in my post if they are unsure: