[RESOLVED] Demo user

1 hour ago, Miss_B said:

Do you mean to delete an account based on registration or last activity timeframe? Either way, this will require a custom plugin imo.

I need something so when the user visits my demo forum, creates and account, after so long it deletes it, or a way to have a demo account where they cant change the password. Like is there a file that I can edit to remove the whole field for the password in the userCP?

9 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I need something so when the user visits my demo forum, creates and account, after so long it deletes it, or a way to have a demo account where they cant change the password. Like is there a file that I can edit to remove the whole field for the password in the userCP?

What do you mean by demo forum? Also, when you say after so long, what is that long criteria based on?

I can create such a plugin for you btw. 

it is a test forum for my theme, I either need the account they create to last no more then 24hrs (maybe send an email if possible when expired) or something where I can create an account that limits them access to changing anything in  the UserCP.

How much would you charge to make the plugin?

I don't recommend file changes but for those that are curious you can do this here:
core > front > system > settings

Remove these lines from the template:

{{if $canChangePassword}}
						<li>
							<a href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=settings&area=password" seoTemplate="settings_password"}' id='setting_password' class='ipsType_normal ipsSideMenu_item {{if $tab === 'password'}}ipsSideMenu_itemActive{{endif}}' title="{lang="password"}" role="tab" aria-selected="{{if $tab === 'password'}}true{{else}}false{{endif}}">
								<i class='fa fa-key'></i> {lang="password"}
							</a>
						</li>
					{{endif}}

Or! just remove it all from that template. It will remove all content from the UCP altogether.

8 hours ago, Morrigan said:

I don't recommend file changes but for those that are curious you can do this here:
core > front > system > settings

Remove these lines from the template:

{{if $canChangePassword}}
						<li>
							<a href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=settings&area=password" seoTemplate="settings_password"}' id='setting_password' class='ipsType_normal ipsSideMenu_item {{if $tab === 'password'}}ipsSideMenu_itemActive{{endif}}' title="{lang="password"}" role="tab" aria-selected="{{if $tab === 'password'}}true{{else}}false{{endif}}">
								<i class='fa fa-key'></i> {lang="password"}
							</a>
						</li>
					{{endif}}

Or! just remove it all from that template. It will remove all content from the UCP altogether.

that is what I did, I would not recommend on a normal forum but I was doing it for my test forum. Don't need any of that.