Thread title to first unread - in "popular now" block

Might be a dumb question, but I couldn't find an answer and/or solution.
We're using the "Popular now" block on the forum index page, Which is super cool and awesome and really does help grow user interactions on interesting threads.

The problem is that clicking the thread title takes the user to the FIRST post in the thread (or seeing the last post in the pop-up window). I would think that the preferred behavior - since there is now circle or star logo next to the topic title - would be that clicking the title would take the user to the first UNREAD post. But it doesn't.

I installed the "Topic title to first unread" plugin, But it only applies to the topics in the forums themselves. NOT the "popular Now" block (The plugin is really great otherwise AND FREE, so no complaints in that direction).

Is there any way, natively or by using a plugin, to sort this issue out? 

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT?! I read all your guys' posts about the 4.5 release (Also being so very much excited about it. when do we get it? when? WHEN?!?! I NEED IT!!!). how the mighty F did I miss that?!
Thanks! Going to read up on that. Keep up the incredible work, you beautiful, beautiful, people you. ❤️ (<-totally platonic heart emoji)