PayPal alternatives for IP.Commerce

Joey_M

What other payment gateways does other people use, what do you prefer and what are the benefits?

I have read the following page - 

I've never heard of any of the other options, at the moment I just use PayPal. I'm from the UK, so most are an option for me but I am curious as to what others have to say. Please share your thoughts if you can.

7 hours ago, Joey_M said:

I've never heard of any of the other options, at the moment I just use PayPal. I'm from the UK, so most are an option for me but I am curious as to what others have to say. Please share your thoughts if you can.

I use PayPal and Stripe, PayPal is good cos it is easy for us but it is also easy to make a charge back claim, Stripe is good and secure and also will reject ones they think is going to be fraud and matches the devices IP location when buying to see how close they are to their home address, Also you can make it require 3D secure which is where you maybe have been redirected to your bank when buying online asking you to enter some digits of your password to continue Some cases it just goes through ( But 3D secure makes it 100% safe from fraud and you won't get people saying it weren't me etc as they got directed to their bank to check it was them ), I have never has 1 charge back with Stripe either, Only downside as your UK you have to wait 1 week to get paid out, Ignore their daily transfers as it does transfer it daily but pends for 7 days before it actually gets transferred

6 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Only downside as your UK you have to wait 1 week to get paid out, Ignore their daily transfers as it does transfer it daily but pends for 7 days before it actually gets transferred

Thanks for proving more insight into the service.

Can PayPal and Stripe be used together depending how the customer would like to pay?

I don't mind waiting a week to receive the money, if it enables me to take more orders - especially with credit/debit cards I think it will be a good thing. A lot of people so far have said they refuse to use PayPal, as they don't trust it - I then have to offer direct online banking.

Which I'm not so keen on doing at this point, as I have known fraudsters to pay for items using the details you have to provide.

Thanks @TheJackal84

3 hours ago, Joey_M said:

Can PayPal and Stripe be used together depending how the customer would like to pay?

yeah, they can choose what one to pay with so if PayPal ain't available to some or some don't like / want to use it, they can choose stripe, it also allows google and apple pay via stripe

I don't mind waiting a week to receive the money, if it enables me to take more orders - especially with credit/debit cards I think it will be a good thing. A lot of people so far have said they refuse to use PayPal, as they don't trust it - I then have to offer direct online banking.

It's worth it if you don't mind waiting, also a good thing to get some payments by stripe logos to put on your site as it shows a trusted company taking their money

Which I'm not so keen on doing at this point, as I have known fraudsters to pay for items using the details you have to provide.

the 3d secure checkout is the best thing to happen to any online purchases 

Disputed payments and liability shift

Payments that have been successfully authenticated using 3D Secure are covered by a liability shift. Should a 3D Secure payment be disputed as fraudulent by the cardholder, the liability shifts from you to the card issuer. These types of disputes are handled internally, do not appear in the Dashboard, and do not result in funds being withdrawn from your Stripe account.

plus they only take 1.4% + 20p for European cards 2.9% + 20p for non-European cards

Archived