Style "new message" window

Phil7789

Hey guys,

maybe someone can help me with a small problem I have with new messages. Usually private messages are written in a popup, but we tried to link directly to write a new message with the link for it (/messenger/compose/to?=X).

We're using a transparent background within our theme so you cannot read the info text as the white background from the popup window is missing:
new_message_bug.thumb.JPG.732bdb4be5d016fd5b8b949e38d1d6d0.JPG

Is there any possibility to add a new css class or styling to just change the look of this kind of form or is it impossible with the coding as it is?

Thanks in advance,
Phil

You're referring to the labels on each of the input fields?

One thing you could consider is putting a transparent background on those elements (the labels) say white at 75% opacity so your background image shows through, but the label text is still legible.

Thanks for the hint!

This is what I wanted the direct link to look like (it's just the default popup window):
new_message_popup.thumb.JPG.bcd9bf82f50bb1de77599c7dad6ae0a0.JPG

I guess I cannot achieve that without screwing around with all popups in the entire community.

Coloring the labels would be a possible solution though. That you cannot see the background when the editor is opened is the desired look within our theme.

4 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

form[action*="/messenger/compose"] {
    background: #fff;
} 

I'd go a step further:

form[action*="/messenger/compose"] {
    background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3); /*currently 30% opacity; adjust as needed */
} 

You can put this into your custom.css

Archived