Converter not converting BBcode?

AaronP

I'm doing a test conversion with XAMPP on my computer (localhost) and I notice the BBCode is not being converted (from vBulletin 4.2.2.)

The BBCode is being displayed as plain text, like:

[B]This is supposed to be bolded, but the BBCode shows up instead[/B]

What's weird is if I click "edit" on a post with BBCode, then save it, it fixes everything.

The same problem is occurring with line breaks/paragraphs. None of that shows until I edit and save the post.

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2019 at 4:34 AM, Stuart Silvester said:

@opentype is right, after converting there are background tasks that run to reformat content. Typically on your live site you would set up a CRON to run the background tasks as quickly as possible.

Any idea what task this would be? I manually ran every "Task" within the CP, each reported "Task ran successfully" and showed the time it was last ran, but none of the posts are formatted. Still have to edit and save for both converted BB code as well as attachments.

Thank you

10 hours ago, AaronP said:

Any idea what task this would be? I manually ran every "Task" within the CP, each reported "Task ran successfully" and showed the time it was last ran, but none of the posts are formatted. Still have to edit and save for both converted BB code as well as attachments.

Thank you

I would recommend submitting a support ticket if you're having issues with a conversion, we'll be happy to take a look.

• 1 month later...

Archived