Maintenance Tasks Not Running Error

kherezae

Hi,

Last night, I got smacked in the ACP with this error.

1884481723_ScreenShot2019-05-06at5_19_30PM.thumb.png.9c1cb57297984a0048b5c3e3dbfa2106.png

Earlier tonight, I decided to just select the "run automatically with traffic" option in the screenshot below and see if that would somehow help

725997968_ScreenShot2019-05-07at8_19_11PM.thumb.png.5ac4645a4fcb12a89c51fb427adeba26.png

So I did that, but we're currently using the Pages app as a library for fiction submissions (it's a writing forum) and when I go to any of the submissions currently in the library, it gives this error:

1304220219_ScreenShot2019-05-07at8_20_39PM.thumb.png.0244fecc16e4a1fb883278d312ba8cc2.png

I'm guessing that it's because of having selected the "run automatically" option - I think it says something about how it can take a while to actually take effect or something, but I want to make sure that that's actually the case and not due to something else. I did try to contact my host (Hawkhost) and their response was basically "give us the steps so that we can recreate this on our end," but...I don't really have steps to give them? XD It's happening on its own, randomly. The site doesn't get tons of traffic as far as I really know, but it's definitely not quiet, though I suppose compared to most forums it's probably quiet, especially at the moment.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to fix this, and what to tell my host? I'm not very savvy with the technical side of this (especially with IPS) so I'm hoping that this is an easy fix. XD

1st, did you set up the CRON task in your server config as suggested if you had CRON selected as your task execution method?

2nd, that stack shows there is an error related to supergrid, which I believe is a 3rd party application.  Based on the information provided it's difficult to tell if the suprgrid error you've posted is simply a symptom and there is a larger underlying problem with task.  If supergrid has been working with your previous set-up, it's likely the later, the error you're getting on screen is simply a symptom of a different issue all-together.

I didn't, because I had no idea how to do it. I sent a support ticket to my host and they came back and said "what are the steps we need to replicate this on our end?" but I don't know what to tell them. The CRON selection was already being done by default I think. This only just happened after we finally upgraded the software, so I'm not sure if that somehow has something to do with it. I did put in a support ticket to IPS (after I made this post) and they suggested that the second error with the Pages template is possibly due to the software upgrade, but they didn't tell me anything about the CRON.

I have no idea what supergrid is. My co-admin usually takes care of this kind of thing and she's the one who installed everything when we decided to use IPS, but unfortunately she's not going to have internet access for quite some time, so I need to try and get this figured out sooner rather than later.

Hello,

12 hours ago, kherezae said:

So I did that, but we're currently using the Pages app as a library for fiction submissions (it's a writing forum) and when I go to any of the submissions currently in the library, it gives this error:

this error related to

Pages Record Templates

Next unread links

If you have modified any of the record view templates in Pages, you may encounter a template error after upgrading. The format of data passed to generate the next unread record link has changed.

38 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

this error related to

Ugh, lovely. XD I might have to wait until my co-admin can fiddle around with it and try to fix it. 😐 I thought that maybe it was related to the CRON error, but it makes sense that it would be because of the upgrade.

1 hour ago, Earnestinence Marguerite said:

I have 'Maintenance Tasks Not Running' in my AdminCP, what are the steps of setting up cron?

In your admin panel, enter "task" (without quotes) in the Live Search box at the top of the page, then from the result list choose "Task method".

On the next page you'll see the 3 methods for running tasks. Choose the cron method and the page will expand to show you the cron task that would need to be entered on the server.

If you are not familiar with setting up a cron, ask your host for assistance in doing so, giving them the full command you are shown and telling them it must run every minute.

Once the job is in place, save the page in the ACP from which you got the cron job.

14 minutes ago, Mark H said:

In your admin panel, enter "task" (without quotes) in the Live Search box at the top of the page, then from the result list choose "Task method".

On the next page you'll see the 3 methods for running tasks. Choose the cron method and the page will expand to show you the cron task that would need to be entered on the server.

If you are not familiar with setting up a cron, ask your host for assistance in doing so, giving them the full command you are shown and telling them it must run every minute.

Once the job is in place, save the page in the ACP from which you got the cron job.

Okay, here's a stupid (for me) question...

Last night, I let the ACP "dismiss" the error message for the CRON that gave the full command that it was showing (see my first screenshot). How do I get that error message back so that I can copy that code it was telling me needs to be run? I only have what's in the screenshot but it's not the full code. When I dismissed it, it said "dismiss until tomorrow," so I'm assuming that at some point it will return on its own, hopefully, but if not...is there a way for me to see it again so I can get the code and send it to my host?

Refer to your middle screenshot, that's the page with the orange box which contains the full cron command.

Be sure to copy the full command, starting with /opt/alt/php71/ and ending with d341f

Pass that to your host and tell them it needs to run every minute.

8 hours ago, Mark H said:

Refer to your middle screenshot, that's the page with the orange box which contains the full cron command.

Be sure to copy the full command, starting with /opt/alt/php71/ and ending with d341f

Pass that to your host and tell them it needs to run every minute.

Okay, I just sent it to my host.

Okay, so the Pages issue is all set.

However, my hosting provider is STILL telling me to "Please provide us with the steps to recreate the issue from our end so that we could assist you further" for the CRON issue.

...any suggestions for the heck I need to tell them? I have no steps to give them on my own - the error just appeared out of nowhere in the ACP, so it's not like it's something that I did to screw it up.

52 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

What are they trying to recreate? Create the CRON task, set it to run every minute. Done...

I have no idea. I'm not sure that they are really understanding what the issue is. I'll tell them to do what you said...hopefully they understand that.

Archived