Select article image from existing images on server possible

Maxxius

Hello guys, I remember back in 3.4 days it was not possible to select an already uploaded file to a new article during its creation process.

Has this changed since then?

If not - are there any mods that accomplish that?

If not why IPS is making us waste our disk space and time making us reupload same images over and over again when writing articles about the same topic?

Thank you

So are you talking about images within the editor or upload fields like the Pages record image? Jim gave the answer for the first one. For the second option:

6 minutes ago, Maxxius said:

Has this changed since then?

No.

6 minutes ago, Maxxius said:

If not - are there any mods that accomplish that?

No.

I would probably change the template to select images with a custom field to achieve this if I would need it. My first community version back in 2001 had this kind of “topic images”, but if feels outdated nowadays. I wouldn’t know a single site I visit frequently that has that. 

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Are you referencing a upload field itself or the editor?

If editor:

image.png

Nope, not that place. I have meant the main picture of the article.

2 minutes ago, opentype said:

So are you talking about images within the editor or upload fields like the Pages record image? Jim gave the answer for the first one. For the second option:

No.

No. 

I would probably change the template to select images with a custom field to achieve this if I would need it. My first community version back in 2001 had this kind of “topic images”, but if feels outdated nowadays. I wouldn’t know a single site I visit frequently that has that.  

yes, record image.

darn, that's not cool. what a waste of time and space each time... 😞

Most of the CMS' including WordPress had that for years and IPS being that great in many areas doesn't have this simple thing covered..

Checked out a demo and I see that there is within Pages section in ACP a thing called Media which closely resembles what I was hoping to get with article records. You can make folders, upload various pictures and later easily find for reusing those images. @Matt @bfarber please guys, why not make this a reality for 4.4.4? 🙂

Archived