Pages app showing the Unread content possible?

Maxxius

Hey guys, I have decided to upgrade to 4.4 and I'm thinking about throwing out the old cms I was using in favor of Pages app to be the homepage and I have this question.

Is it possible to incorporate the content which is individual to each logged in member when he clicks on Unread content as a block on the homepage among other blocks. It would be like a personalized block for each member. And if a member is not logged then just newest topics/posts are shown and that's that. No personalization in the case. Is it possible?

Are you absolutely sure? If let's say there exists a template which pulls the content when you click on unread content. Why there should be a problem taking that code and putting into a block on Pages' page? Sorry if I dont make any sense. But I think that would save some members clicking Unread content + show other content and some banners too all in one place.

Templates just deal with content fed into them. Showing unread content is a feature of the activity feeds. Pages uses Pages blocks, which has its own feed system, which—as said before—AFAIK does not have a “unread” as filter criteria. 

Of course someone can code a widget to show unread content, but that is not a stock Pages option and not as simple as “moving some template code”. 

Archived