'Manage Blocks' sidebar/arrow

RMweb

Having just upgraded to 4.3.6 from 3.4 I cannot (in any browser) see the Manage Blocks slider arrow at the l/h side of the screen.

says "When logged in as a member of staff with the moderator permission "Can use sidebar", you will see a tab sticking out from the left of the site." I am logged on as an Administrator and I cannot see, or find reference to, anything in permissions (or search) about allowing use of the sidebar.

It's driving me nuts - it seemed to work when I did a test site in 4.2 - any clues?

10 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

You can find the permission in your ACP => Members => Moderators. 
Make sure that your account is a moderator with the "can use sidebar" permission.

Why cannot I do that whilst logged in as an Administrator? Seems a bit odd.

3 minutes ago, RMweb said:

Why cannot I do that whilst logged in as an Administrator? 

You can if you have the right permissions. But you might not want to give every admin the right to completely change your site and change or even delete stuff. So it’s a specific permission, not one every admin has by default. 

Just now, opentype said:

You can if you have the right permissions. But you might not want to give every admin the right to completely change your site and change or even delete stuff. So it’s a specific permission, not one every admin has by default. 

Understood; but as the main Admin I think I'd quite like the functionality. So how do I enable it for myself?

Even though I've managed to log in with a Moderator account now it won't allow me to drag and drop any content over (again a permissions issue?) and I can't find how to enable that.

You don’t need to change accounts. You just need to set the right permissions for your account. 

5 minutes ago, RMweb said:

Even though I've managed to log in with a Moderator account now it won't allow me to drag and drop any content over (again a permissions issue?) and I can't find how to enable that.

Maybe open a support ticket. There might be other issues on your site which cause this. 

Archived