Importing Database - SQL ERROR #1064

Trying to move my website  to a new host and server and when I go to import my database I get the following error. What do I do to correct this?  The only thing in that database is a page I created judging by the contents and it is not of high importance or value so I can delete it is need be. Do I drop the table entirely or just the contents?

Error

SQL query:

--
-- Table structure for table `ips_ccs_folders`
--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `ips_ccs_folders`

CREATE TABLE `ips_ccs_folders` (
  `folder_path` text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci,
  `last_modified` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci

MySQL said: Documentation

#1046 - No database selected

All I am doing is exporting my IPS database and saving it on my PC as one would do when backing up for example and then importing that database file to another host. This has worked in the past without issue. I have tried this using the tools in phpmyadmin and the backup wizard in my cpanel. When I go to upload the sql file I get the error. I was doing a test move last weekend and had problems with the 50mb limit so I then updated IPS from 4.2 to 4.3 which reduced the database size enough to get below 50mb. I ran another test move and the database did upload using import through phpmyadmin. So I am baffled as to why now it won't work to say the least.

So when you ask "what database have I chosen to execute the query against" I don't understand.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:51 AM, Ford Doctor said:

Hoooooly crap has it been that long since I have last done this that I forgotten how? Yes I am embarrassed to say!  Of course you MUST create the database on the new host and THEN import the database tables into it.

Just as a tip, I really like using https://www.heidisql.com/ as a GUI for backups and imports. Let’s you do everything in one step as well (so you don’t have to remember re database creation)

Archived