Ignore Forums

@Stuart Silvester, one more example from the one in the email from last month. Unless there are differences between default unmodified CiC theme and default unmodified self-hosted theme or even something technical (cache or something), I see no reason for a button doesn’t show up. It runs the function behind it if I do it via URL (… do?something).

Thoughts?

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 month later...

PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\\forums\\Topic\\hook2153::searchResult(array $indexData, array $authorData, array $itemData, ?array $containerData, array $reputationData, $reviewRating, $iPostedIn, $view, $asItem, $canIgnoreComments = false, $template = null, $reactions = []) must be compatible with IPS\\forums\\Topic\\hook1852::searchResult($indexData, $authorData, $itemData, $containerData, $reputationData, $reviewRating, $iPostedIn, $view, $asItem, $canIgnoreComments = false, $template = null, $reactions = []) 

Your method signature is different.

32 minutes ago, Dll said:

This may not be compatible with the cloud, we just got blank pages across the forum after updating and had to uninstall. 

17 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\\forums\\Topic\\hook2153::searchResult(array $indexData, array $authorData, array $itemData, ?array $containerData, array $reputationData, $reviewRating, $iPostedIn, $view, $asItem, $canIgnoreComments = false, $template = null, $reactions = []) must be compatible with IPS\\forums\\Topic\\hook1852::searchResult($indexData, $authorData, $itemData, $containerData, $reputationData, $reviewRating, $iPostedIn, $view, $asItem, $canIgnoreComments = false, $template = null, $reactions = []) 

Your method signature is different.

Fix is pending approval.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One issue I'm finding is some members want to ignore a number of forums, however this app seems to hide the topics in Activity Stream versus considering them globally ignored for the purpose of retrieving items relevant to the per page setting.

For example, if the Activity Stream has 25 items on the initial landing page, and 15 of them are topics in Ignored Forums, then only 10 items will show on the Activity Stream.  Is there any way to load a full 25 item Activity Stream of the non-Ignored Forums?

Edited by Clover13
5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

It removes the topics from the AS, that’s why it shows less items there.

It would require a considerable rework in this resource now to change this behavior, if that’s possible. I’ll take a look when I have to upgrade it to IPS5, where everything will have to be redone.

Hmm ok, yeah I'm not sure how it could work natively other than via permissions maybe.  IPS5 is a year or more off, I may have to rework my approach for this as the impact can be significant for some members going from a default of 25 items on the page to only seeing a few.  I know they can create custom Activity Streams too, but most aren't willing to go to that extent.  Plus a big impedance is Activity Streams require selecting all the forums you want to see versus excluding the ones you don't.  With 100 forums and you want to see 95 of them, that's a lot of clicking to set up the stream.

Edited by Clover13