Ignore Forums

On 2/24/2019 at 3:40 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Removes topics from ignored forums on Topics and Posts feed widget

I just installed the plugin. I have all the boxes checked to ignore content from the forums from as many places as possible. They are gone from the index, search and activity streams. However, topics from those forums still appear in the Topic feed widgets. Honor permissions is checked on the widgets and users don't see other forums they don't have permissions to view.

Do you know what might be going wrong?

14 minutes ago, Hezeber said:

I just installed the plugin. I have all the boxes checked to ignore content from the forums from as many places as possible. They are gone from the index, search and activity streams. However, topics from those forums still appear in the Topic feed widgets. Honor permissions is checked on the widgets and users don't see other forums they don't have permissions to view.

Do you know what might be going wrong?

Widgets are cached. Dis you wait the time for them to update? There’s a setting on ACP that controls widget time. 

9 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Widgets are cached. Dis you wait the time for them to update? There’s a setting on ACP that controls widget time. 

Yeah, looks like a caching issue. Topics created after a forum is ignored don't show up; only the older ones. Suppose we just have to wait for it to refresh. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, 

I just installed it on 4.6.9 and when I enable it, nothing works (i.e. I have a blank page), even the settings page in the AdminCP is blank.

I have this error message in Apache log :

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\\forums\\hook154::roots($permissionCheck = 'view', $member = null, $where = []) must be compatible with IPS\\forums\\_Forum::roots($permissionCheck = 'view', $member = null, $where = [], $limit = null) in /var/www/forum/forums/init.php(903) : eval()'d code on line 19'

29 minutes ago, b416 said:

Hi, 

I just installed it on 4.6.9 and when I enable it, nothing works (i.e. I have a blank page), even the settings page in the AdminCP is blank.

I have this error message in Apache log :

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\\forums\\hook154::roots($permissionCheck = 'view', $member = null, $where = []) must be compatible with IPS\\forums\\_Forum::roots($permissionCheck = 'view', $member = null, $where = [], $limit = null) in /var/www/forum/forums/init.php(903) : eval()'d code on line 19'

Thanks. Will update it in a couple of hours.

Let me know if you have FTP access to your server. Fix is just add a new parameter in a function.

--------------------------

EDIT:

1. New version is pending approval.
  2. Will send you a message with a manual fix while you wait for it to be available on marketplace
Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 9:12 AM, Tom_F said:

Works ok on 4.6 but on mobile view it would be great if the ignore forum button was below the start topic, as it sort of breaks the responsive width

This is still sort of an issue, is there a way to reduce the size of the button?

• 1 month later...

Hello Adriano,

I purchased the plugin to ignore the forum's topics and prevent them from appearing in the search results.

However, when a forum is ignored, all the topics within a forum will list disappear and I won't be able to read them anymore. I can't use the plugin because what I want is to hide forums content from the search results, not to hide the content itself.

Is there a possibility to add this feature in a future update?

Thanks a lot for your great work, as always.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I realize you're most likely swamped with issues across many of your offerings due to the PHP8 disaster .... 

But having said that, what is the best way for clients to know when their specific resource (such as Ignore Forums) will be compatible with IPS 4.7.2.1 ?

Will you be sending an email to registered clients on a per app/plugin basis or should clients simply check the marketplace item to see if it has updated to show version compatibility ?    

Fortunately I saw all the upgrade issues prior to doing the IPS update and held off ...  so we're in no big hurry as we're in a holding pattern until the dust settles ... just a matter of knowing what to expect.

Thanks

• 2 months later...