(NB43) Filter By Tags

Two suggestions:

1. Would be great if you can limit by number of usage? There are often used tags, there are less often used tags, some are even misspelled. I think it will be great if we can filter, for example, by tags used more then X amount of times. Or alternatively, sort by usage - the most often used tags in the front. I know that closed tag system can provide these inbuilt, but some flexibility would not hurt. 

2. A bit off-topic, but have you considered creating one combined full featured tag/prefix management app? :) I know that you have other tag enhancements and now that Advanced Tags and Prefixes is abandonware, maybe it is something worth considering. 

Edited by jair101

Hello,

4 minutes ago, jair101 said:

1. Would be great if you can limit by number of usage? There are often used tags, there are less often used tags, some are even misspelled. I think it will be great if we can filter, for example, by tags used more then X amount of times. Or alternatively, sort by usage - the most often used tags in the front. I know that closed tag system can provide these inbuilt, but some flexibility would not hurt. 

Do you mean 2 global settings?

- Exclude tags

- Sort by

5 minutes ago, jair101 said:

2. A bit off-topic, but have you considered creating one combined full featured tag/prefix management app? :)

No

2 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Do you mean 2 global settings?

- Exclude tags

- Sort by

I guess one or the other will be just fine. My main idea is to somehow give priority on more used tags, either by putting them first or removing the others. I guess sort will be better as excluding tags should be a per forum setting that will ultimately make it more complicated - in some forums you might want to limit to tags used less then 10 times, while for another it could be less then 5.

Edited by jair101
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I bought it, I have a little request for the ui design

Group the 2 function items and put they into a clickable icon

1. Match with the topic ui design 

2. Don't need use additional line creating a box only for them, it will be look at more clearly, those tags and icon simply are part of the things(Star new topic, Mark Forum As Read and Tags) 

3. Eliminate the box and group the items in one help reducing occupy more space on screen, specially in mobile, let give a little space more for showing the topics. 

4. I think don't need have a name there "FILTER BY TAGS", will be logical thing only see the tags and the icon at the right side. 

IMG_20181216_043216.thumb.jpg.efd1f3b7d6d943c43ea102e62e2a3153.jpg

Edited by kmk

Hello,

21 minutes ago, kmk said:

2. Don't need use additional line creating a box only for them, it will be look at more clearly and those tags and the icon simply are part of the things(Star new topic, Mark Forum As Read and Tags) 

3. Eliminate the box and group the items in one help occupy more space on screen, specially in mobile, let give a little space more for showing the topics. 

"First line" uses for filters and additional elements

"Second line" uses for tags

For example v.1.0.1

ftags.thumb.jpg.4742f99199a0b381d7d7d2261d578c2f.jpg

21 minutes ago, kmk said:

4. I think don't need have a name there "FILTER BY TAGS", will be logical thing only see the tags and the icon at the right side. 

It's lang string. You can change it.

Or hide via css

.cNbFilterByTags_title {
	display: none;
}

Edited by newbie LAC
15 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

.cNbFilterByTags_title { display: none; }

I have it passed to my custom.css template, but not work

16 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

ftags.thumb.jpg.4742f99199a0b381d7d7d2261d578c2f.jpg

Why there appear 2 Prefix & Tags bottoms? I mean try take advantage of the right space, make all things on one row(example like the"Show all"), right now in my version, 2 items(All, Reset) ocuppy one row then tags items occupy second row.

When I say line, I mean the line that creating a box (green)

40 minutes ago, kmk said:

IMG_20181216_043216.thumb.jpg.efd1f3b7d6d943c43ea102e62e2a3153.jpg

23 minutes ago, kmk said:

I have it passed to my custom.css template, but not work

50 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Add !important

.cNbFilterByTags_title { display: none !important; }

24 minutes ago, kmk said:

Why there appear 2 Prefix & Tags bottoms?

Left box uses for filter topics by ...

Right box uses for filter available tags by ...

27 minutes ago, kmk said:

I mean try take advantage of the right space, make all things on one row(example like the"Show all"), right now in my version, 2 items(All, Reset) ocuppy one row then tags items occupy second row.

There is no the space if you have a lot of tags

28 minutes ago, kmk said:

When I say line, I mean the line that creating a box (green)

1 hour ago, kmk said:

Why you don't like it? Topics table also have a border

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!
This plugin would be very useful for our community.

I would like to ask a few questions to clarify its correct working:

1. The tag filter uses absolutely all the tags put by users in a particular forum (taking into account the limit and sorting)?

2. Is it possible for the administrator to add the tags that will be displayed in this filter? Ie of all available tags of the forum the filter will show only the tags selected by the administrator. Like an option "include only tags" in opposition of "exclude tags"

The point is that we need to make effective navigation by important useful ("favorite") tags (not prefixes) which show the specifics of a topic.

3. What is the "Style"option?

Edited by AlexShu

Hello,

12 hours ago, AlexShu said:

1. The tag filter uses absolutely all the tags put by users in a particular forum (taking into account the limit and sorting)?

Yes

2. Is it possible for the administrator to add the tags that will be displayed in this filter?

No.

Ie of all available tags of the forum the filter will show only the tags selected by the administrator.

In this case it should be created per node (forum, category etc)

3. What is the "Style"option?

Style 1

style1.thumb.jpg.3aee4bd14db18a9a6d6f7eeaadb3d723.jpg

Style 2

style2.thumb.jpg.75aa3a0ff497f91ad0e4084e776e8db0.jpg

Hi!
Thanks for reply! Yesterday I bought the plugin, I begin to study it.

Found some feature (bug?): opened in the full list of tags on the button "Show all" (there was a limit of 10 pieces) and found no way to collapse the full list back. Updated the browser page with several tags enabled and were unable to return to the original list of topics with filters completely reset. 

For clarity, see the pictures:

679183b8798d0bc199e8edd1ed406581.png

In the test section we have 2 pages of topics. Everything works fine.

8a5bf01d0c09d07a487cd1fcc808200c.png

4d37621e7690710341e9d8572f1cc093.png

BUT! If I select any tag or multiple tags and refresh the browser page (the tags remain "enabled")

a) the selected tags jump to the first place regardless of the sorting set (in the example " Name")
b) Reset button stops working correctly. 

2e2dfb9b446e16d5c53a7288c9486699.png

That is, it visually resets the filters, but the list of topics corresponds to the selected tags that were included when the page was refreshed. For a full list of topics not to go. Updating the page does not help, you have to leave the forum section and go to it again. 

That is, the subsequent on/off of other tags works fine in the same way, but Reset resets the values to the list of topics in which the tags were included at the time of page refresh.

Tested on both styles in all sections of the forum with different browsers.

Hello,

17 hours ago, AlexShu said:

Found some feature (bug?): opened in the full list of tags on the button "Show all" (there was a limit of 10 pieces) and found no way to collapse the full list back

There is no button to collapse the list. I'll add it for next release

a) the selected tags jump to the first place regardless of the sorting set (in the example " Name")

Works as intended. First selected tags, then others

That is, it visually resets the filters, but the list of topics corresponds to the selected tags that were included when the page was refreshed. For a full list of topics not to go. Updating the page does not help, you have to leave the forum section and go to it again. 

That is, the subsequent on/off of other tags works fine in the same way, but Reset resets the values to the list of topics in which the tags were included at the time of page refresh.

I'll take a look on this

Edited by newbie LAC

Hello! Another bug found (tested on 2 forums 4.3.5 and 4.3.6)

On the "See my activity" or "See their activity" page, when you click on the items: StatusReplies, Posts and Article Comments, an error appears on the page

StatusReplies:

f049fce61800387e46d6a74de680931c.png

eb54fb840ba7d9f9747d5f432533631b.png

Article Comments:

6132685c9d95ec372570623315ef1a6f.png

Edited by AlexShu
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! It's me again 🙂

Found in the process work even a few features of.

1. The filter does not display topics if the tag contains a + (plus). 
Ie the list of tags section, the tag itself is there, but when clicked the result is not displayed. 

2. If a topic with a tag is removed from the section, the tag continues to hang in the tag list until the moderator deletes the topic in the "deleted content" section of the moderator panel. 
If the tab was a few topics with this tag, then of course no problem. 
But if the theme was one, users get false information on the section, seeing a blank page. 

When you move the theme to another section, everything works correctly, the tag disappears.

Hello,

18 hours ago, AlexShu said:

1. The filter does not display topics if the tag contains a + (plus). 
Ie the list of tags section, the tag itself is there, but when clicked the result is not displayed.

Fixed for upcoming release

18 hours ago, AlexShu said:

2. If a topic with a tag is removed from the section, the tag continues to hang in the tag list until the moderator deletes the topic in the "deleted content" section of the moderator panel. 

• 3 months later...

Hey

I just bought the app. In many ways it has the potential to be exactly what my board needed... but I hoped that the admin could define the default tags to filter on. You already have the ability to limit the number of tags, and that gives the ability to hide tags. The board I want to use it on is for musicians posting their music and getting feedback. They often tag by genre, but they also tag by a lot of other things resulting in a board with about 100+ tags. As admin, the ability to set default tags to these genres would be awesome. I have similar issues on other boards. so default tags per board would be even better.

Do you have plans to include admin defined default tags in your development path?

Otherwise. awesome upgrade to tags. It makes them so much more useful. Hell, it gives them purpose!

Many thanks

John