Mod accidentally flagged a long time user as a spammer

Morgin

Understand it was a groggy mistake over mobile. Accidentally flagged the person who reported a spammer instead of the spammer. 

My community is set to ban spammers and hide their content. 

Is there an easy way to quickly undo this and mass-unhide? It’s thousands of posts, so going page by page would be extremely tedious. 

12 hours ago, Aiwa said:

Probably not hard to reverse the spam action with a script that does the exact opposite. 

Anyone aware of anyone having developed this type of script? 

Is there any way to disable the flag as spammer button for users based on certain criteria? (Time since registration + reputation + content count)?

I suppose - and I'm just putting this out there into the world - an appropriate solution might be to have the groggy moderator undo his groggy mistake post by post.  I'm sure there's a lesson in there about not moderating when you're groggy.  

Or, if you don't care about your moderator to learn any lessons, you can probably beg any dev to write you a short mysql to unhide all posts by a user.  

29 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Or, if you don't care about your moderator to learn any lessons, you can probably beg any dev to write you a short mysql to unhide all posts by a user.  

I try to avoid anyone learning anything ever. 

Re a short query, the only thing I can see being problematic is it would unhide any previously hidden posts that were hidden on purpose. 

A reverse tool would be super handy if any of you IPS devs are sitting around thinking “geez I wish our community would request really niche features that would rarely be used (but would be super helpful when they are needed), I don’t otherwise have enough work to do”. 

Just sayin’. 

There is no way of knowing what content was hidden, with valid reason, prior to the mod spam action. The only way I see to do that would be if there is a ‘date hidden’ stored somewhere, and reverse the action, if other than delete, based on a date range. 

Otherwise, I like @Joel R‘s idea. Make the butterfingered Moderator do this the HARD way, one.....by.....one.....

4 hours ago, bfarber said:

I do not recommend trying to do this via MySQL. You'll undoubtedly forget areas (i.e. no one mentioned here that the search index needs to be updated as well).

Noted. On a totally unrelated note, if I was to send a bribe to have features prioritized over others, who do I make it out to and where do I send it?

Archived