Best way to show ads

BenCurry

HI, 

I am going to start introducing ads into my forums.  

Whats the best way of doing this?  

Is it built into the suite or do I need a plugin?  Can I change the ad displayed depending on user group?  and what about geographical location?  

i.e. Can I show a UK webstore to UK users and a US one to US users? 

Looking for examples of what others are doing and suggestions on how do do this as well as possible.

Thanks

18 hours ago, BenCurry said:

Is it built into the suite or do I need a plugin?

Search Advertisements in the ACP.  It's a function as long as you have IP.Commerce

Yes you can change the ads depending on membergroups.  No, you cannot change the ads depending on geolocation, although that might be possible from Google's side.  

• 3 months later...
On 9/27/2018 at 7:41 AM, BenCurry said:

HI, 

I am going to start introducing ads into my forums.  

Whats the best way of doing this?  

Is it built into the suite or do I need a plugin?  Can I change the ad displayed depending on user group?  and what about geographical location?  

i.e. Can I show a UK webstore to UK users and a US one to US users? 

Looking for examples of what others are doing and suggestions on how do do this as well as possible.

Thanks

For in-house adds created in the ACP, you can use this app to target specific countries.

Added info: I think this app (Advertise-By Country) uses the IPS geolocation for targeting adds to user IP address so you will always need your IPS licence to be active.

Maybe this app will help if your IPS licence is not active for geotargeting.

I've had an experiment with this tonight and am struggling to get them to display correctly.  Tried Awin/Audible affiliate code and the image is a set size not responsive so is breaking on mobile. This is below the header

Tried again with Google Adsense and its not displaying on Safari or chrome.  There is a blank space showing instead. this in inline on forum threads. 

Any suggestions? 

https://TGA.Community

Archived