Forums OFFLINE during an update.

Cach Doan

Sorry I made this topic at the lounge I realized I was posting at the wrong section. I hope anyone here can help me while I wait for the tech support, they are taking forever. I'm so worried because my forums is very active...

Got this error during an update

http://forums.benlotus.com

Can anyone help me? -- I already opened a ticket and they take so long to respond. My forums is very active so I need a fix to it urgently..

It happens when I date from 4.1 to 4.3 (Latest)

So far I have not changed any file. I dont even think the update go through because I did not FIX the FTP info yet.. It didn't let me. It just went through it really fast and showed me the error.

The old forums url was br-forums.com but I moved it to forums.benlotus.com last May 2017

everything work good until I decided to update today... 

24 minutes ago, Cach Doan said:

So far I have not changed any file. I dont even think the update go through because I did not FIX the FTP info yet.. It didn't let me. It just went through it really fast and showed me the error.

How did you start the update process? From the Admin CP or did you upload the update it manually from FTP?

I update it from the ADMIN CP...  Right now I am reinstalling everything ? Hopefully everything is back to normal..

I backup the whole directory of my forums to my computer and also the MYSQL database... right now im installing the forums fresh, and I dont know how to put everything back..  Right now My forums URL should redirect to the homepage of my website so everyone know it will be back shortly.

Forums URL: http://forums.benlotus.com

Homepage: http://benlotus.com

This is what I will do and see if it will work.

Restore everything back like it was (even it was broken)... and download a new IPS 4 suite and upload and replace all existing files , and then go to www.forums.benlotus.com/admin/update and see what will happen.

Because I see it here that you can manually update your IPS4 using this method.

https://www.tmdhosting.com/tutorials/invision-power-board/upgrade-ipb.html

5 hours ago, Cach Doan said:

This is what I will do and see if it will work.

Restore everything back like it was (even it was broken)... and download a new IPS 4 suite and upload and replace all existing files , and then go to www.forums.benlotus.com/admin/update and see what will happen.

Because I see it here that you can manually update your IPS4 using this method.

https://www.tmdhosting.com/tutorials/invision-power-board/upgrade-ipb.html

Appears all working now ?

It works again but all before I do the update. I did a system restore... Like back to everything before the update.. I guess I can't update anymore since I'm behind 16 updates.. Did you visit my forums? My members are back and happy. Now is not much, usually 20 members online at the same time and about 10 guest...

I need help updating this board to the latest since my subsctiption is still active for another 6 months... ? But I'm too scared to do the update now..

Could you please share your ticket ID? ( PM )

Since you’ve restored back to the backup I guess it’s not that critical anymore and I don’t need to take a looks it right now, but I’ll be more then happy to take a look on Monday to see why the upgrade broke and to finish it for you ? 

Because you are updating across major point versions 4.1 and 4.2 ...

1. Remember to disable all third party before upgrading.  This includes themes, plugins, apps.  Disable all.  It's this stuff that breaks during the upgrade.  I promise you if you disable, your upgrade will be smooth as butter.  

2. The next time your community goes offline, make sure to mark your ticket as Emergency.  

3. Backup - you took a backup before upgrading so good job.  

Thank you very much.. My forums visitor is now back to 20 visitor now... I dont think I will update to 4.3.5 just yet.

2 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Could you please share your ticket ID? ( PM )

Since you’ve restored back to the backup I guess it’s not that critical anymore and I don’t need to take a looks it right now, but I’ll be more then happy to take a look on Monday to see why the upgrade broke and to finish it for you ? 

Sure, I hope you can help me update to 4.3.5 in the future. But not right now.. I didn't want any of my members to wait the whole day anymore haha... I'm so scared now.. It's all good now. But I still want to update... will let you know.. ahead of time when im ready.

My ticket number is 1017909 - 

Archived