Can you please just use 'Stripe' for Marketplace

iJeff

@Matt

Hey Matt, it's that time of the year, when I am shopping around in the marketplace, I am glad most of them are now paid, it helps developers getting paid and keep supporting them.

However, our country particularly does not love paypal, precisely our central bank, therefore, Paypal is not supported in our country (Pakistan). Everytime I am in need of a plugin to extend my community, I am requesting developers to accept amazon gift cards etc, they are so nice, some even would give it to me for free. However I don't feel comfortable with getting undue favours over and over again. 

I am astonished, that you do accept credit cards in the 'Client Area' and an ideal solution would have been that 'marketplace' purchases are debited from that card on the file too? Anyhow, I hope you will sincerely consider it. Thanks!

Options certainly are nice! 

That said, there is a level of risk with new gateways and working out the process for chargebacks, etc. I only ask that any risk there be investigated and/or measured based on prior MP history with PayPal. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 2:33 AM, Joel R said:

Can you add Account Credit in the Client Area and then transfer into Marketplace Credit? 

hmm! to try that out, i even now added $25 to client area, but there is no option to transfer to marketplace. 

They're two different things. There is a setting in Commerce that allows members to add credit to the account credit, which can be used in Marketplace (Downloads/Commerce):

k5Vql6T.png

This is not enabled here on IPS.

And there is another thing that is made to add credit to the Client Area, which is used to renew the license... and this is the one you used.

You probably should submit a ticket and ask them to transfer that credit to the account credit (marketplace), if that's possible.

6 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You probably should submit a ticket and ask them to transfer that credit to the account credit (marketplace), if that's possible.

Nevermind. That won't work either. IPS doesn't allow to buy stuff from Marketplace using Account Credit. They would need to make a change in the Commerce extension.

Our client area is completely different than our marketplace, client area is for IPS items, marketplace is for Third-Party items, marketplace currently only accepts paypal. 

If you have any questions please submit a ticket and we can assist you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived