Anyone getting this error after updating to IPS 4.3.3?

LDDG

I updated my website from IPS 4.1.19.4 to IPS 4.3.3 and now when I try to add a new record to my database by going to the top menu and clicking CREATE | Article in Database, I get the following error:

Error: Call to a member function url() on null (0)
#0 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_index->form()
#1 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#3 {main}

with a back trace error of:

#0 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/init.php(533): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

Before doing the update, I went through the painstaking process of deleting ALL custom applications, plugins, themes, etc. I even took the stock, default IPS theme and reverted every customized template back to stock. In essence, I left my website as plain stock as possible.

Updated and got this issue. I have been able to replicate it over and over by repeating the whole process more than 5 times. Set the website back to 4.1.19.4, deleting ALL custom applications, plugins, themes, etc, updating and once again, clicking CREATE | Article in Database in the top menu item gives the error posted above.

At one point, I deleted the page where the database is being used, which happens to be my homepage, recreated the page, inserted the database and all of a sudden, the menu item was working fine! But a few minutes later, it started happening again.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, LDDG said:

I updated my website from IPS 4.1.19.4 to IPS 4.3.3 and now when I try to add a new record to my database by going to the top menu and clicking CREATE | Article in Database, I get the following error:

Error: Call to a member function url() on null (0)
#0 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_index->form()
#1 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#3 {main}

with a back trace error of:

#0 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/init.php(533): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

Before doing the update, I went through the painstaking process of deleting ALL custom applications, plugins, themes, etc. I even took the stock, default IPS theme and reverted every customized template back to stock. In essence, I left my website as plain stock as possible.

Updated and got this issue. I have been able to replicate it over and over by repeating the whole process more than 5 times. Set the website back to 4.1.19.4, deleting ALL custom applications, plugins, themes, etc, updating and once again, clicking CREATE | Article in Database in the top menu item gives the error posted above.

At one point, I deleted the page where the database is being used, which happens to be my homepage, recreated the page, inserted the database and all of a sudden, the menu item was working fine! But a few minutes later, it started happening again.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

You didn't happen to delete any of the Templates for CMS did you? Check to make sure that your Database is not trying to use a template which doesn't exist.

6 hours ago, opentype said:

Open a support ticket so someone can find the problem directly on your server. 

I did but I was told they could not help me with a test site. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a test site. I rather get this sorted out on a test site, instead of a live site which could affect my customers and users. BTW, I was able to replicate the issue on both my live site and test site. It happens as soon as I update to IPS 4.3.3.

3 hours ago, TDBF said:

You didn't happen to delete any of the Templates for CMS did you? Check to make sure that your Database is not trying to use a template which doesn't exist.

Actually I did delete custom CMS templates. I guess I will start all over again but this time not delete any CMS templates and see how that goes. Thanks for the suggestion, @TDBF.

14 minutes ago, PPlanet said:

I've just opened a ticket for the same problem. It happens in both, my test and my live site. Yesterday I upgraded to 4.3.3; it worked fine before the upgrade with 4.2.8

I'll keep you posted.

I will keep you posted as well, @PPlanet! Hopefully we can get this resolved.

1 minute ago, LDDG said:

@PPlanet @TDBF

Well, I just tried everything again but this time I did not delete any CMS templates. I'm still getting the same error when trying to create a record via the menu item.

*sigh*

Can you look in your System Logs to see if there are any Messages regarding missing Templates?

Such as this:

Template store key: template_50_01c2cd9d572da77c50cb359d24624a6a_widgets missing (cjmg, front, widgets)

#0 /******/*********/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(800): IPS\_Log::log('Template store ...', 'template_store_...')
#1 /******/*********/public_html/system/Widget/Widget.php(122): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('widgets', 'cjmg', 'front')
#2 /******/*********/public_html/applications/cjmg/widgets/cjmg.php(58): IPS\_Widget->init()
#3/******/*********/public_html/system/Widget/Widget.php(103): IPS\cjmg\widgets\_cjmg->init()
#4 /******/*********/public_html/system/Widget/Widget.php(296): IPS\_Widget->__construct(1535402734, Array, '["sidebar","cms...', NULL)
#5 /******/*********/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/widgets.php(71): IPS\_Widget::load(Object(IPS\cjmg\Application), 'cjmg', 1535402734, Array, '["sidebar","cms...', NULL)
#6 /******/*********/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_widgets->getBlockList()
#7 /******/*********/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/widgets.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /******/*********/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_widgets->execute()
#9 /******/*********/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

If it helps just as reference, I have two Pages databases, one with categories, the other one without. It's the one with categories the one with the problem (it could be just a coincidence and not related to the categories but that's the only difference with the other one that works fine with the Create menu).

Both still work fine when adding a new record from the actual page with the entries instead of the Create menu.

I updated my Supergrid templates. Deleted the old ones, uploaded the new ones and re-assigned them (as indicated by the Supergrid instructions). I just looked and all the templates assigned do exist. So, now other than waiting for support, I doubt I can do much about it.

10 minutes ago, TDBF said:

Can you look in your System Logs to see if there are any Messages regarding missing Templates?

Such as this:

Template store key: template_50_01c2cd9d572da77c50cb359d24624a6a_widgets missing (cjmg, front, widgets)

#0 /******/*********/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(800): IPS\_Log::log('Template store ...', 'template_store_...')
#1 /******/*********/public_html/system/Widget/Widget.php(122): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('widgets', 'cjmg', 'front')
#2 /******/*********/public_html/applications/cjmg/widgets/cjmg.php(58): IPS\_Widget->init()
#3/******/*********/public_html/system/Widget/Widget.php(103): IPS\cjmg\widgets\_cjmg->init()
#4 /******/*********/public_html/system/Widget/Widget.php(296): IPS\_Widget->__construct(1535402734, Array, '["sidebar","cms...', NULL)
#5 /******/*********/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/widgets.php(71): IPS\_Widget::load(Object(IPS\cjmg\Application), 'cjmg', 1535402734, Array, '["sidebar","cms...', NULL)
#6 /******/*********/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_widgets->getBlockList()
#7 /******/*********/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/widgets.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /******/*********/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_widgets->execute()
#9 /******/*********/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

No, no missing templates messages.

1 minute ago, PPlanet said:

No, no missing templates messages.

I hope that Support can find out the reason you are both having the same issues, I don't believe you are the only ones having these type of issues either.

Good luck.

@TDBF @PPlanet

The problem has to do with pages and databases and this is how I am able to replicate the issue, correct it and replicate it again. Over and over again. At least on my setup.

1. Go to Page Management | Pages and ENABLE the "Make default page for this folder" option for the page that has the database in it.

2. Clear cache via Support.

3. Link to add record via Create Menu Item stops working and throws error posted in OP.

1. Go to Page Management | Pages and ENABLE the "Make default page for this folder" option for ANY other page that does NOT have the database in it.

2. Clear cache via Support

3. Link to add record via Create Menu Item WORKS!

I can rinse and repeat the above ad-nauseam and get the same result. 

As you can see, the issue is when you have a page that has the database in it, set as "Make default page for this folder", that throws the error when trying to create a new record via the top menu's create link.

@PPlanet @TDBF

I can confirm that what triggers the error is the following:

Having a database with 2 or more categories AND having the page using the database marked as the default page.

If I have the page marked as the default page but with one 1 category, the link will work.

If I have the database with 2 or more categories and have a different page marked as default, the link will work.

It's the unique combination of having 2 or more categories AND using the database in a page marked as default page for the folder, that throws the error.

10 minutes ago, LDDG said:

It's the unique combination of having 2 or more categories AND using the database in a page marked as default page for the folder, that throws the error.

That's exactly how I have it set up, with more than 2 categories. I hope IPS has a solution for it. Cheers.

@PPlanet Have you installed the latest 4.3.4? If yes, did it fix the issue? I'm getting ready to upgrade but don't want to get my hopes high! I read the upgrade notice and no mention of this being fixed was made, other than the catch-all bugs fixes notice.

@LDDG

I upgraded my test site that had the same problem, and it did not fix it. Support insists in me upgrading my live site before they can see to it again. They don't want to check my test site, and (not sure I understood correctly) they couldn't replicate the problem at their end using 4.3.4. so they are waiting on me to upgrade.

I'm not optimistic about the upgrade alone fixing it because the symptoms and error message in my test installation before and after the upgrade to 4.3.4 are identical. I may get some time to upgrade my live site overnight or tomorrow morning.

Funnily, I logged in now to see if someone with this problem had upgraded.

4 hours ago, PPlanet said:

@LDDG

I upgraded my test site that had the same problem, and it did not fix it. Support insists in me upgrading my live site before they can see to it again. They don't want to check my test site, and (not sure I understood correctly) they couldn't replicate the problem at their end using 4.3.4. so they are waiting on me to upgrade.

I'm not optimistic about the upgrade alone fixing it because the symptoms and error message in my test installation before and after the upgrade to 4.3.4 are identical. I may get some time to upgrade my live site overnight or tomorrow morning.

Funnily, I logged in now to see if someone with this problem had upgraded.

I guess I will have to upgrade my site in the next few days and open up another ticket as well. Hopefully IPS will see that the issue is not just isolated to 1 or 2 people and give it a serious look. I will make sure to leave the default theme completely stock, so they can see that even with a stock theme, the issue persists AND it will be on my live site as well.

On 6/20/2018 at 10:16 PM, LDDG said:

I guess I will have to upgrade my site in the next few days and open up another ticket as well. Hopefully IPS will see that the issue is not just isolated to 1 or 2 people and give it a serious look. I will make sure to leave the default theme completely stock, so they can see that even with a stock theme, the issue persists AND it will be on my live site as well.

I've upgraded my live site to 4.3.4. The problem persisted but support fixed it for me, and they say it will be fixed in the next version. No idea when the next version is coming out though, but you may want to check with them.

5 hours ago, PPlanet said:

I've upgraded my live site to 4.3.4. The problem persisted but support fixed it for me, and they say it will be fixed in the next version. No idea when the next version is coming out though, but you may want to check with them.

That is awesome news! Did they tell you what the issue was? I will probably upgrade my live site tonight and quickly open up a ticket so they can also take a look at it. Thanks for the update, @PPlanet

52 minutes ago, LDDG said:

That is awesome news! Did they tell you what the issue was? I will probably upgrade my live site tonight and quickly open up a ticket so they can also take a look at it. Thanks for the update, @PPlanet

No, they didn't tell me. If I were you I'd ask them before upgrading, if after doing so they'll fix it directly on your site, because maybe they are planning to release 4.3.5 before in the following days, and they tell you to wait instead. But this is pure guess work; that's why I think you could ask them first, as maybe it could spare you the trouble of updating to 4.3.4.

Archived