mdPanel - Material Design IPS Theme [ support topic ]

4 hours ago, Sonya* said:

Hi, I have another two questions:

• I would like to add the Simple topic widget to the custom header widget of your theme, possible?
  • I would like to add Newsletter subscription block to the footer between quick links and About Us section, possible?

Thank you!

Yes and yes but this requires template edits and i do not provide support for that as it breaks theme updating.

I  provide support for small customizations and mainly css modification only 🙂

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Using latest beta of 4.5 and behemoth. 

I do not use slider and without it found the user menu to close to navbar. So added this to custom.css

#elUserNav {
 margin-top: 10px; 
}

Just wanted to share.

Dam it wrong theme

Edited by Steph40
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Hi,

You can manually change the Editor Toolbar Icon in editor color settings

Its located in the checkbox/toggles/input tab

--

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Taman

Thank you! One last question I hope. We've got a 2 column layout on our front page plus a sidebar. On screens approaching the media width to convert to tablet, we're seeing:

image.png.96656fc69598c08c20958b55e535cf07.png

On our "blogs" entries (We're using the Blogs app for Stories/Literature). Any ideas on what a fix would be? As far as I can tell, it's related to .ipsColumns width:100% property. Removing the property fixes it, but then when on a larger screen or in tablet mode, it doesn't take up the available space.

48 minutes ago, AlexWright said:

On our "blogs" entries (We're using the Blogs app for Stories/Literature). Any ideas on what a fix would be? As far as I can tell, it's related to .ipsColumns width:100% property. Removing the property fixes it, but then when on a larger screen or in tablet mode, it doesn't take up the available space.

Hi,

Does the same thing happen on default IPS theme?

18 hours ago, AlexWright said:

Thank you! One last question I hope. We've got a 2 column layout on our front page plus a sidebar. On screens approaching the media width to convert to tablet, we're seeing:

image.png.96656fc69598c08c20958b55e535cf07.png

12 hours ago, AlexWright said:

It happens on our beta and live.

https://furrylife.online

Add this to custom.css 

.ipsColumn_veryWide.cBlogInfo{width:auto}

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Charles Pfoss said:

Hi guys, i was wondering where to change the background color behind the logo on the top left ?

Regards,

Hello,

i just checked the logo background, it is hided in theme settings 

it will be fixed in the next update.

If you want to change the logo background. you need to use custom.css to change the color manually

for example...

.ta_Logo {
    background-color: #6e9eb6;
}

87f451668c60e275c9914657170e01f9.png

Edited by TAMAN
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I seem to be having some pretty major issues after upgrading IPB and the forum. I'm not trying to install a clean copy of the mdPanel theme but its not allowing me because it says I already have it installed and that it is up to date. I do not want to delete the old versions of it since I'd like a reference for the changes I made.

What can I do?

Thanks

2 hours ago, superaven said:

What can I do?

Make a copy of the original theme (the one with ips marketplace tag on it) and then delete it. after that you can install a fresh one from ips marketplace and copy paste customizations from the one you copied 

Edited by TAMAN
18 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Make a copy of the original theme (the one with ips marketplace tag on it) and then delete it. after that you can install a fresh one from ips marketplace and copy paste customizations from the one you copied 

Awesome that worked, thank you! Still getting used to this new interface and features.

Have two more questions...

1. Is there a guide of some sort so we know what color variables in the theme section of admin affect what areas on teh front end? Obviously its broken down into tabs which respresent sections and the names themselves are somewhat descriptive, but wondering if there's any sort of map or guide for this?

2. Likewise, I'm confused about the Light / Dark mode works. How do we create the two versions? In other words, how do a make all the color tweaks to the theme and then how do we add that to the section for Light / Dark mode?

Thanks again.