mdPanel - Material Design IPS Theme [ support topic ]

4 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Hi,

if the issue also on standard default theme then i think you would need to contact ips

No, it's working on default theme and any other theme. The colors of highlights seems coded into your theme and it doesn't pull the color set on group settings.

I'm just curious if that is a purpose choice or if something is missing? Because I think the border highlight should be whatever color is set in the group settings.

grpformatcolor.JPG.647bd1450f89ba1a965da041e725719e.JPG

highlightreplies.JPG.d5c3fac4a2d0ed62ae5ebe7587ad81f6.JPG

grpnorcolor.thumb.JPG.ce62f6acbf140073dd8702a50c90f867.JPG

Edited by Sirmadsen
20 minutes ago, Sirmadsen said:

No, it's working on default theme and any other theme. The colors of highlights seems coded into your theme and it doesn't pull the color set on group settings.

weird, i just checked and looks like the "Highlighted post background" setting in default theme is not applied on Highlighted posts background just the border color is used including a box shadow  

b4a127f7e9787807f4f694e5ba5a6fb5.png

can you explain what color works on default theme and not this theme? possibly with screenshot 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Its been a long while since I've worked on themes or have updated do I sort of forgot the process. Today I updated our forum to Invision Community v4.6.4 and now need to update the MD Panel theme. Our custom version has a few pages that were customized and a complete change of colors and most images. I didn't create it as a child theme (guess that was my first mistake), so now it just says "customized" instead allowing an option to update. Can you please explain how best to proceed?

Thank you

9 hours ago, superaven said:

Hello,

Its been a long while since I've worked on themes or have updated do I sort of forgot the process. Today I updated our forum to Invision Community v4.6.4 and now need to update the MD Panel theme. Our custom version has a few pages that were customized and a complete change of colors and most images. I didn't create it as a child theme (guess that was my first mistake), so now it just says "customized" instead allowing an option to update. Can you please explain how best to proceed?

Thank you

Hi,

You might need to install the update from marketplace and then copy paste your customizations from the current theme you have to the one installed from marketplace, thats the only option 

also, theres a new update coming for this theme you will be able to import/export all theme colors with a click in theme settings 🙂 

7 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Hi,

You might need to install the update from marketplace and then copy paste your customizations from the current theme you have to the one installed from marketplace, thats the only option 

also, theres a new update coming for this theme you will be able to import/export all theme colors with a click in theme settings 🙂 

Awesome, yeah... While waiting on a response I ended up just copy / pasting all the color and configuration settings over. Sort of a pain, but not horrible. While doing it, I was wondering why you can download the theme, but not simply export the theme settings / colors so that they can be easily shared or imported, so very happy to hear you are working on that. Big Help!

This being said, I wonder why IPB doesn't handle parent / child similar to WordPress in that the parent is the actual code and the child are simply changes to it? So that when you upgrade the parent, anything not specifically changed as part of the child is automatically upgraded. Seems more logical.

One other question... How do I get rid of the front end customizer button? For now I just added some CSS to display none, but would think there would be a toggle in the theme settings to disable? Likewise, can you explain a little more about this feature? The day / night mode makes sense, but wondering why supply an alternate 5 theme colors for users?

Thanks!

1162617983_ScreenShot2021-07-16at12_43_35PM.thumb.png.bd2bcb0413357f73ce9d340d68bd6f8f.png

3 hours ago, superaven said:

One other question... How do I get rid of the front end customizer button? For now I just added some CSS to display none, but would think there would be a toggle in the theme settings to disable? Likewise, can you explain a little more about this feature? The day / night mode makes sense, but wondering why supply an alternate 5 theme colors for users?

You can disable that in the palette Tab. you dont need any css to hide it 🙂 

and I agree with you it doesn't make any sense to supply 5 different customizable color schemes as a dark/light color scheme 😄 

In the new version i have removed all of this, there will be only a toggle to enable/disable a darkmode feature and you will have a dark mode color scheme box to edit, and it will be provided with a default dark mode color scheme.

c48acc32aca22def213aed91ba1d4ccf.gif

12 hours ago, superaven said:

Hello,

I don't think this is a theme issue, but I did just open a ticket regarding an issue with being unable for a member to login, error 2S119/1. Just to cover my bases, I figured I'd add a comment here as usually support kicks it back to a theme or plugin issue.

Link: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/462655-critical-login-issue-cant-login-error-code-2s1191/

1338207405_ScreenShot2021-07-19at1_30_32PM.thumb.png.69fc57aa989d0d5e889db1c531e78639.png

Do you have any error logs to check? 

it cant be a theme issue tho unless you have modified the templates or maybe a plugin/app causes the issue 🙂  

Hey Sorry, got sidetracked. Not seeing anything in the error logs but I've opened a support ticket. Seems that its only affecting a single user so I'm almost certain it must one an issue on their end, though I can't for the life of me figure out what could cause this since they've confirmed that they've cleared all cache and cookies and it still persists.

47 minutes ago, superaven said:

Hey Sorry, got sidetracked. Not seeing anything in the error logs but I've opened a support ticket. Seems that its only affecting a single user so I'm almost certain it must one an issue on their end, though I can't for the life of me figure out what could cause this since they've confirmed that they've cleared all cache and cookies and it still persists.

Could be cache issues if it's just one user

Tell them to clear all browser data or tell to use another browser or login somewhere else to test 🙂

Edited by TAMAN
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, OddsEnd said:

Why did you treat a customer this way?

Image 005.jpg

wait... you got mad and then you started posting a bad review in my themes with a different account by mistake and now posting this here trying to make it look like you are someone else 😄 

who are you? i dont know you 😅  you are still this user Niqmo 😄

Edited by TAMAN

Again, treating a customer this way is deeply upsetting. I don't believe @Matt and the rest of the Invision team would approve of your profane language and assault on a customer just because they wanted a refund for a theme that did not work properly with the third party plugins, also purchased from the marketplace.

Image 006.jpg

45 minutes ago, OddsEnd said:

Again, treating a customer this way is deeply upsetting. I don't believe @Matt and the rest of the Invision team would approve of your profane language and assault on a customer just because they wanted a refund for a theme that did not work properly with the third party plugins, also purchased from the marketplace.

I have no idea who you are i have never talked or messaged with you lol? 

these things you say comes from another user i talked with in the private messages 

how and why do you know all this??? why did you change your name after i said you are suspicious? and especially after posting a bad review with a different user name by mistake? 😄 

you are 100% one of the dudes from the nulled sites. you got something for free now leave me alone stop posting any more im not going to refund you the theme you bought 😄 

Edited by TAMAN
  • 6 months later...

Love the theme and color options.

One request though if it's possible? An option to keep the menu collapsed as default and maybe even to always have it collapsed even when hovering over it.

On 8/7/2021 at 12:56 AM, OddsEnd said:

Image 006.jpg

Besides, theme developers have no obligation to make their theme a 100% compatible with 3rd party plugins. It's no ones fault but your own not making sure by asking the developer before buying. When purchasing a digital product you also agree that refunds may not be granted. Stop trolling.

5 hours ago, Sirmadsen said:

Love the theme and color options.

One request though if it's possible? An option to keep the menu collapsed as default and maybe even to always have it collapsed even when hovering over it.

there are no options for that in the current version, but i will 100% implement it on the next theme update (not on ips version support updates) ...hopfully 3 weeks not more than a month 😅  )

im currently working on some free aplications to add in marketplace and without these applications i cant update any of my themes.

(swiper slider, footer blocks, news ticker, dark mode, background picker) these applications will be availble in marketplace all at once and then after that this theme will be updated  🙂 

Edited by TAMAN
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, 
I love the work you did with the mdPanel theme.
Any eta when the demo will be available?
Is it possible for the admin to add/remove content from the left main side panel (browse, article, etc.)? 
Thank you. @TAMAN

Edited by livegames.co.il
  • 2 months later...
On 3/19/2022 at 11:00 AM, livegames.co.il said:

Hello, 
I love the work you did with the mdPanel theme.
Any eta when the demo will be available?
Is it possible for the admin to add/remove content from the left main side panel (browse, article, etc.)? 
Thank you. @TAMAN

@TAMAN can you please advise?

1 hour ago, livegames.co.il said:

@TAMAN can you please advise?

Hi,

Sorry, I missed to reply

The left side panel contents are the menu bar and you can add/remove menus in acp ACP -> SYSTEM -> Menu manager

As for the demo site, I will update it when I get some free time 🙂

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...