Odd issue with using a function in a specific template

I'm trying to edit some templates using hooks, so I can change how the name of a member gets displayed, if he is in a certain group, so I'm using in a fair amount of templates, successfully, something like this:

{{if $row->inGroup( $group = \IPS\app\Whatever::getGroup() }}
	Whatever
{{else}}
	Actual primary group
{{endif}}

However, there is this specific template, with which I've been at it for hours now, and can't have it working:

\applications\core\dev\html\front\widgets\activeUsers.phtml

div.ipsWidget_inner.ipsPad > ul.ipsList_inline.ipsList_csv.ipsList_noSpacing.ipsType_normal

as soon as I use something to "search" (inGroup(), in_array(), search_in_array(), etc) it borks that page and it seems to get in a loop (error 500/memory issue)

I have absolutely no idea how to go around this...

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I feel like this is an escaping issue, I already had to change some of the quotes in the URL that exists there, because it was having the same effect

12 hours ago, Herlander Carvalho said:

div.ipsWidget_inner.ipsPad > ul.ipsList_inline.ipsList_csv.ipsList_noSpacing.ipsType_normal

$row inside foreach loop

In your case $row outside

<ul class='ipsList_inline ipsList_csv ipsList_noSpacing ipsType_normal'>
			{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'members' ) ) }}
				{{foreach $members as $row}}
					<li>

12 hours ago, Herlander Carvalho said:

However, there is this specific template, with which I've been at it for hours now, and can't have it working:

In that template $row is an array not object

13 hours ago, opentype said:

You should provide the complete code. 

You are absolutely right, but I wasn't sure what to post since it's an edit of a default template, and I was really fed up with the amount of time I spent trying to fix this issue

1 hour ago, newbie LAC said:

in that template $row is an array not object

As soon as I read this I knew that was the problem, and fixed it, duh! Thank you you so very much for your help!!!

but I still have the URL not being properly parsed though. This is just an exact copy of what the template has:

<a href="{url="app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id={$row['member_id']}" seoTemplate="profile" seoTitle="$row['seo_name']"}" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="">

If I use it exactly like that, server hangs... when I try different solutions to avoid the quotes hell, I may get something "closer " to the expected result but $row['member_id'] is always returning value 1? puzzled...

EDIT:

Here's the full edit code for reference, its using replacing btw:

<ul class="ipsList_inline ipsList_csv ipsList_noSpacing ipsType_normal">
	{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'members' ) ) }}
			<li>
				<a href="{url="app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id={$row['member_id']}" seoTemplate="profile" seoTitle="$row['seo_name']"}" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="">
					{{if \IPS\Member::load( $row['member_id'] )->inGroup( $patronsGroup = \IPS\patreon\Login::getPatronsGroup() ) }}
						{expression="\IPS\Member\Group::load( $patronsGroup )->formatName( $row['member_name'] )" raw="true"}
					{{else}}
						{expression="\IPS\Member\Group::load( $row['member_group'] )->formatName( $row['member_name'] )" raw="true"}
					{{endif}}
				</a>
			</li>
		{{endforeach}}
		{{else}}
				<li>
					{{if $row['in_editor']}}
						<i class="fa fa-circle-o-notch fa-spin" data-ipstooltip="" data-ipstooltip-label="{lang="block_user_in_editor"}"> </i>
					{{endif}}
					{expression="\IPS\Member\Group::load( $row['member_group'] )->formatName( $row['member_name'] )" raw="true"}
				</li>
			{{endforeach}}
		{{endelse}}
	{{endif}}
</ul>

You load member so you can use it

{{$member = \IPS\Member::load( $row['member_id'] );}}
<a href="{$member->url()}" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="">

instead of

Archived