Lottery ( Members Shop Add-On ) ( Support Topic )

4 hours ago, MarianHärtel said:

Is it possible to set the size of the lottery? Like instead of 6 of 49 (which is very unlikely to win) to have a 3 of 10 or something like that?

You can set it to 3 /4 / 5 / 6 numbers. Most lotteries I know about are 6 for jackpot etc. I can look into other ways it could go though 

• 3 weeks later...

Lottery 1.0.1 has been released

New Features

• Instead of the lottery numbers showing as plain numbers they will now show the numbers in a lottery like blue ball ( This makes them stand out more )
  • Changed the filter link in the my ticket page so it will now filter from
    • Unchecked Tickets
    • Checked Tickets
    • Winning Tickets

DEMO

Edited by TheJackal84
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure if it's just me but for some reason why I buy a ticket, after I've purchased it, I go straight back to the homepage of my site, which is jarring if I want to buy more tickets. Is there anyway that I can force it to remain on the same page after buying a ticket? 

On 6/14/2018 at 6:09 PM, Tripp★ said:

I'm not sure if it's just me but for some reason why I buy a ticket, after I've purchased it, I go straight back to the homepage of my site, which is jarring if I want to buy more tickets. Is there anyway that I can force it to remain on the same page after buying a ticket? 

I stay on the lottery page after purchasing a ticket.

Edited by Joel R

Questions:

1. When you hit the draw time, does that draw become disabled??  Does it roll over?  I don't understand what happens.  I tested on your site IPSDev.org, and I'm still able to claim a free ticket for your weekly free draw that ended April 30.  

Suggestions:

1. Automated lotteries - I love the idea but I don't have time to babysit weekly or monthly draws.  Is this something that can be automated.    
  2. # of Tickets - If a user purchased a ticket, add icon to lottery that shows # of tickets
  3. Time left - Show a countdown to the draw time.  That makes it easier to understand as "4 days out" instead of "June 22nd 17:00 PM"
  4. Custom icons - Because custom icons are pretty
  5. Other kinds of lotteries:
    • Scratchers -- Match up symbols or numbers on a scratch card for instant win.  Allow Admins to add in custom icons or font awesome.  
    • Daily -- Only 3 or 4 numbers and runs every day

Bugs:

1. Error code - I think you're missing langstring

2017528787_errorcode.PNG.cd369400714a5cb5fd574ca4cf51368f.PNG

6 hours ago, Joel R said:

When you hit the draw time, does that draw become disabled??  Does it roll over?  I don't understand what happens.  I tested on your site IPSDev.org, and I'm still able to claim a free ticket for your weekly free draw that ended April 30.  

no it won't rollover, you will just need to add the amount from the last draw to the new one, I can look into it maybe doing it automatically,

The draws, I am sure will allow the tickets to be bought until the draw it made, On my site I never really use any of the apps etc, it is more of a demo site just to see / test the basic functions of my stuff

Automated lotteries - I love the idea but I don't have time to babysit weekly or monthly draws.  Is this something that can be automated.    

yeah should be easy enough to do, probably just a task run hourly to see if the draw is past the time, if it is, run this query and draw it

# of Tickets - If a user purchased a ticket, add icon to lottery that shows # of tickets

Yeah I can look into that, Once a draw is made there is a list of last draws in the results page, each of them has a button to link to the tickets for that draw only, I know that is not the amount you own for now but it will show the tickets you own for that draw only

Time left - Show a countdown to the draw time.  That makes it easier to understand as "4 days out" instead of "June 22nd 17:00 PM"

I can look into that too

Custom icons - Because custom icons are pretty

custom icons? is that the icons for the tickets or numbers?

Other kinds of lotteries:

• Scratchers -- Match up symbols or numbers on a scratch card for instant win.  Allow Admins to add in custom icons or font awesome.  
  • Daily -- Only 3 or 4 numbers and runs every day

I will check that out as well, sounds good :biggrin:

Error code - I think you're missing langstring

I will sort it, it must be from the other members shop update where the name of the points got changed to allow changing the name

On 6/15/2018 at 12:09 AM, Tripp★ said:

you should be redirected to the page you are on when you buy a ticket, even if yo uare on the table page 8 and buy a ticket, you should go back to table page 8

4 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

The draws, I am sure will allow the tickets to be bought until the draw it made

My point is that you're allowing tickets to be bought even after the draw is made, which confused me.  

For example, on your site (which I understand is only a demo), you have some weekly draws that ended April 30.  But I can still get tickets for those lotteries.  

4 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

custom icons? is that the icons for the tickets or numbers

Custom icons for each lottery.  Your currently using an FA icon.  

On 6/19/2018 at 1:45 PM, Joel R said:

For example, on your site (which I understand is only a demo), you have some weekly draws that ended April 30.  But I can still get tickets for those lotteries.  

I have added it so that it will not allow you to buy tickets after the draw time, Although they will only see the draw for a maximum of 30 minutes after it ends, there is also a task set every 30 minutes to check if the draws have been drawn, if not it will check the time of the draw and if the time of the draw is past the actual time, they will all automatically get drawn

I have also added some forum topic settings, once the game is drawn it will create a topic ( if enabled ) and also ( if enabled ) you can allow it to post to that topic when someone claims a winning ticket saying congrats of something

yGBDENU.png

Czbs7WY.png

That's amazing.  The forum topic is a great idea to publicly keep track of the lottery wins as a public record.  

Suggestion:

I think a custom notification should go out to all participants to let them know a draw has been made.  And a custom notification to the winner. 

Still crossing my fingers for automated lotteries that roll over the winnings.  That can really stack up the winnings! 

On 3/8/2018 at 9:01 AM, TheJackal84 said:

You can set it to 3 /4 / 5 / 6 numbers. Most lotteries I know about are 6 for jackpot etc. I can look into other ways it could go though 

I didn't know that!  I'll have to go back and check each lottery's settings.  That might make it easier to win.  I agree with the other wish to only have like three numbers from 0 to 10.

59 minutes ago, Joel R said:

I didn't know that!  I'll have to go back and check each lottery's settings.  That might make it easier to win.  I agree with the other wish to only have like three numbers from 0 to 10.

there is a lot more lotteries than I know of so they could do them differently, I am just on about the UK ones basically, In the UK 6 is say 10 million, 5 is shocking at about 500k, 4 is like 2.5k and 3 is 10 lol

PS you can make the topic creation look quite nice actually and not just a boring post

b8x2hKP.png

Edited by TheJackal84
1 hour ago, Joel R said:

I think a custom notification should go out to all participants to let them know a draw has been made.  And a custom notification to the winner. 

Yeah a notification could be done when the draw is made, the winners don't get announced until they check their ticket, until they check it there is no winners, It is that way because I was / still might add it so they have a certain amount of time to claim their tickets

Updated to 1.0.3

New Features

• Each draw will be automatically drawn with-in 30 minutes of the draw start date if it is not manually drawn in the ACP
  • Added the ability to post a topic when the draw is complete with your chosen information on that draw
  • You can choose to reply to the topic posted when a user claims a winning ticket with your selected information about their winning
  • 1 month later...
On 6/19/2018 at 8:58 AM, TheJackal84 said:

you should be redirected to the page you are on when you buy a ticket, even if yo uare on the table page 8 and buy a ticket, you should go back to table page 8

This certainly isn't happening for me, it goes back to the homepage of my site. I'm not sure if that's because I've modified the friendly URL's of it or not. Do you want me to PM you my site link? 

Edited by Tripp★
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...